The Student Room Group

Need a reference for application

I have studied law for the past2 years, but have decided to go study abroad eng lit and cw. I have been told, by the uni I am fond to to enroll in that they want a more up to date recommendation letter from a law teacher, and not an IB Diploma (high school) teacher reference. The law school is very impersonal so I only have the trust and affinity to ask a teacher but he s out of the contry and is taking way too long to answer. The ucas deadline has passed (even though most unis still welcome applications). I am panicking
If your application has already been submitted, then the deadline is not applicable to you.

You just need to stick to any timescales given to you by the Uni for providing the reference. If there are delays because your referee is hard to contact, you need to keep the Uni updated. They will usually be fine with this.
No it hasnt been submitted. Thats the thing: i need to submit the applic as soon as possible as the ucas deadline has passed, even though unis are still accepting applications. I dont know how i m getting a reference still
Original post by Eccentric Goatie
No it hasnt been submitted. Thats the thing: i need to submit the applic as soon as possible as the ucas deadline has passed, even though unis are still accepting applications. I dont know how i m getting a reference still

In that case you need to call the Uni's ASAP and see if they will consider an application from you without a reference, (or if they will give you a deadline for providing one once they look at your application).

Quick Reply

Latest