College won't let me drop course that I hate! Watch

Breezecam
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am taking btec IT and Sports Science. I quite like doing the IT as I'm good at it and have a lot of friends in the class. I am only taking sports science because i couldn't choose music technology as it clashed with IT in the time table. I have no interest in sports science and I am failing badly. I am only trying to get passes in my assignments as I have better things to do. I have no friends in my sports science class and I spent each lesson sitting on my own for an hour. I want to drop the sports science but the college have said that if I dropped sports science I would automatically be kicked out of college as it is not enough hours a week for me to be in full time education. I have started missing a few of the spots science lessons because I'm not going to travel for nearly 3 hours there and back to sit on my own of an hour. The college have offered me to change course but I couldn't do it because my anxiety got the better of me. The chance to change the subject has long gone now. Do I have any options?
WhisperWillow
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Breezecam)
I am taking btec IT and Sports Science. I quite like doing the IT as I'm good at it and have a lot of friends in the class. I am only taking sports science because i couldn't choose music technology as it clashed with IT in the time table. I have no interest in sports science and I am failing badly. I am only trying to get passes in my assignments as I have better things to do. I have no friends in my sports science class and I spent each lesson sitting on my own for an hour. I want to drop the sports science but the college have said that if I dropped sports science I would automatically be kicked out of college as it is not enough hours a week for me to be in full time education. I have started missing a few of the spots science lessons because I'm not going to travel for nearly 3 hours there and back to sit on my own of an hour. The college have offered me to change course but I couldn't do it because my anxiety got the better of me. The chance to change the subject has long gone now. Do I have any options?
just revise IT when in sport science. scrape by in sport science and only show up when you have sport science and IT on the same days.
Breezecam
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by WhisperWillow)
just revise IT when in sport science. scrape by in sport science and only show up when you have sport science and IT on the same days.
Thanks for replying. It's just annoying that I have to sit through hours if sports science a week just so the college can get their funding which I'm pretty sure they spend all on the another subjects anyway. My sports classroom is comparable to a Brazilian slum
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads