I’m 14 and looking for a job Watch

Chloe Bates
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hiya, I’m a 14 year old girl who’s looking for a part time job which I can go to after school and on the weekends to earn a bit of money
Last edited by Chloe Bates; 4 weeks ago
DanielD123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hiya,

Best bet is a paper round. This won't get you much cash but when you are 16 and able to get a better paid job, you will have proven you have a string work ethic which is what most businesses are looking for. Hope this helps.

It's a bit rubbish but it pays off.
Chloe Bates
Rep:
?
Yh it does thank you, do u know roughly the hours or if u do it in the morning or evening
DanielD123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Every place will be different. Mines every morning at 715 but my friend had one at the weekend from 8am
RealLifeJoker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Chloe Bates)
Hiya, I’m a 14 year old girl who’s looking for a part time job which I can go to after school and on the weekends to earn a bit of money
I wish I was had that common sense when I was 14. I’m 10 years older then you and never worked a day in my life.
Chloe Bates
Rep:
?
Really?
FutureFinance
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Chloe Bates)
Hi chloebates!

It's so great that you are looking for a job to earn some cash on the side of school. Due to your age, you are slightly limited with the kind of work you can do but there are jobs out there.

Do you have a local pub that you could contact? It could be worth seeing if they need a pot washer or glass collector.

Do you play any sports or do any hobbies? Sometimes leisure clubs could need an extra hand on the weekends and evenings.

Local shops in your area could need someone to help out of a weekend too!

And of course, you could always look into getting a paper round. The first steps would be contacting your local newspaper agents and asking how to go about applying.

When you reach around 16 it will be easier for you to get retail work and waitressing work, especially if you can work at your age as your CV will be off to a flying start.

Good luck with your search!

Sarah
Marketing Graduate
Last edited by FutureFinance; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey,

Maybe try independent shops locally to you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (222)
67.48%
No (107)
32.52%

Watched Threads