Can I have a chance of getting into Cambridge NatSci? Watch

Lizzon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, i'm from Norway. I am planning on applying to Cambridge (NatSci) and I'm not that confident in my grades (there good, but not too good enough), but I really love physics. I got to the second round of the national astronomy and astrophysics olympiad (which shows my interest as this was supposed to be for the class next year, had to read the physics 1 book which I am currently taking class for (AS-level) and a bit of physics 2 (A-level book)), didn't get to second round in math olympiad but got a diploma, and go to a specific course that focuses on how to do scientific research (which is loved by universities here) including to have all the hard science subjects. Im from a middle class family and go to a state school.

For a-levels eq. I will be tacking: physics, further maths, chemistry, and technology and theory of research.
I have an A in English (5/6).
gcse that I think I will get: 4 A*, 8 A's, 2 C's. But some subjects I will be continuing next year, but on the science subjects:
Maths (R1, hardest one. I think this is calculus or pre calculus): A*
Physics: A*/A (not sure here, my teacher hates me)
Chemistry: A
Biologi: A
Also participated on the national english-writing competition, didn't win, but I tried at least.
I love the way Cambridge studies and I really think this way of studying fits me. How you study and all the qualities are those I have. I have had some health problems along the way, nasal infection, underweight and hunger problems, and more to be discovered.

I want to become an astrophysicist. Also have a love for books, participated in several short story competitions and currently writing a book that could fund my studies (<-- literature is not something I want to study, its just the second me. I don't belive in thinking like a realist.)
R T
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sounds fine. Cambridge really only care about maths/physics/chemistry for physical natural sciences so just focus on doing as well as you can in those.

The fact that you are active in Olympiads is great, this is the kind of thing they will keep an eye out for especially in foreign students. The interviews are often a bit similar to olympiad problems
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (498)
59.71%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.16%
No- I want it (237)
28.42%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise