hugojenner
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I am currently in year 12 and my A levels are economics, English literature and history and an EPQ. My predicted grades for my A levels are two A* and an A and an A* for my EPQ. I wish to study law at Cambridge or LSE and perhaps even maybe an Ivy League in the US such as Yale or Harvard. However, the problem is that my GCSE grades are not amazing:

English language 7
English literature 8
Math 7
Biology 7
Physics 8
Chemistry 7
Business 6
History 5
Arabic C

During my GCSEs, I just was not motivated at all and thus did not revise however I know that if I did revise I would be capable of doing much better. Now my problem is that universities take into consideration your predicted grades and your AS grades however all of my subjects are linear except economics so I do not have that much to show them. Is there a way for me to prove to these universities my academic intelligence, perhaps self-studying an AS subject and privately sitting it? My extracurriculars are really good I just need to find a way to prove my academic capabilities. Please help me.
troberts02
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hugojenner)
So I am currently in year 12 and my A levels are economics, English literature and history and an EPQ. My predicted grades for my A levels are two A* and an A and an A* for my EPQ. I wish to study law at Cambridge or LSE and perhaps even maybe an Ivy League in the US such as Yale or Harvard. However, the problem is that my GCSE grades are not amazing:

English language 7
English literature 8
Math 7
Biology 7
Physics 8
Chemistry 7
Business 6
History 5
Arabic C

During my GCSEs, I just was not motivated at all and thus did not revise however I know that if I did revise I would be capable of doing much better. Now my problem is that universities take into consideration your predicted grades and your AS grades however all of my subjects are linear except economics so I do not have that much to show them. Is there a way for me to prove to these universities my academic intelligence, perhaps self-studying an AS subject and privately sitting it? My extracurriculars are really good I just need to find a way to prove my academic capabilities. Please help me.
With A-Level results like that I wouldn't be too worried about your GCSE grades. They aren't terrible - in fact they are pretty good. An extra self taught AS might help you but unis only really focus on your main 3 A-levels, which is why I personally dropped my fourth. I guess it is untimely what you feel you should do and what will best set you up, I feel that with 2 A*s and the A would be enough to give you a fighting chance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.39%
No (241)
33.61%

Watched Threads