HButt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi
I want to do an AAT Level 2 course. Could someone give me a breakdown of the course as well as how difficult they think it is as well as if they recommend it. I’ve done my research but I just want to know from someone who’s done it firsthand.
Thanks
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by HButt)
Hi
I want to do an AAT Level 2 course. Could someone give me a breakdown of the course as well as how difficult they think it is as well as if they recommend it. I’ve done my research but I just want to know from someone who’s done it firsthand.
Thanks
The AAT Level 2 course is fairly easy to grasp once you get into things. The first two modules focus on bookkeeping (Bookkeeping Transactions and Bookkeeping Controls) - this will give you a good intro into double entry bookkeeping, ledger accounts and debits and credits. It can be a bit daunting if you don't have any prior knowledge but with lots of practice and working through the material, it becomes easier to understand.

You will also look at Using Accounting Software (gives you an introduction to how to set up accounting software, how to process supplier invoices and sales, bank reconciliations, setting up chart of accounts and reports) and Elements of Costing (learning about fixed and variable costs, how to value inventory and issues, etc.).

Last module is the synoptic paper which looks at Working Effective in Finance (things like how to structure your tasks, CPD and CSR, report and email writing) and content from Bookkeeping Transactions, Bookkeeping Controls and Elements of costing.

I would say that with practice, the course is easy to manage. Look at the AAT website for more resources (e-learning, green light test, practice tests) and AAT forums if you need to ask a question. If you are interesting in a career in accountancy, I would recommend you get some experience in accounts at the same time as this will boost your prospects alongside the qualification.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (384)
67.13%
No (188)
32.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise