Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I'm at university now (soon turning 20) and think I have become a lot more outgoing in the time that I've been here. However, talking to some people at uni, I sometimes wish that I was more outgoing from a younger age. When I hear people talk about house parties they went to at the age of 15/16 etc it makes me feel as though I missed out on more potential fun as a teenager.
Does anyone else ever feel this way? I know it sounds a bit silly but I tend to have a lot of regrets.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I mean yes, I'm also more outgoing than I was now that I'm at uni.

But what good does dwelling on the past do? It won't change anything. Just make the most of your time now.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MidgetFever)
I mean yes, I'm also more outgoing than I was now that I'm at uni.

But what good does dwelling on the past do? It won't change anything. Just make the most of your time now.
True, find it hard to not look back at what I did/didn't do in the past.
Wiggly
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I always think this too, but I'm 22 now and even at university I had no potential fun, so I'm clearly destined down the boring healthy-liver path. :dontknow:
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

I'm at university now (soon turning 20) and think I have become a lot more outgoing in the time that I've been here. However, talking to some people at uni, I sometimes wish that I was more outgoing from a younger age. When I hear people talk about house parties they went to at the age of 15/16 etc it makes me feel as though I missed out on more potential fun as a teenager.
Does anyone else ever feel this way? I know it sounds a bit silly but I tend to have a lot of regrets.
Did you feel you were missing out at the time or only now when talking to these people? You don't know how much of what they're saying is true, and I bet some of them actually had a miserable time at these parties!

I had friends who went on holidays abroad; my family couldn't afford to, but we did great seaside holidays and even had a brilliant week in Birmingham. I didn't do much partying, I did cadets and volunteering and played sport. And guess what, I've got people who are jealous of me because I grew up in a loving family and did interesting activities with them.

Don't get hung up on superficial things!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads