I failed my degree due to depression and addiction Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I went to university to escape my personal problems and home life. I was an excellent student for the 6 years leading up to university. The first term I performed well, but then I dwelled in my own addiction (non drugs or alcoholic) and was late completing my modules. I also had issues with how to manage my personal life, food, cooking, personal self care and was not looking after my wellbeing. But I was never diagnosed with depression instead just blues.

Out of fear of my personal issues haunting me. I repeated the year but this time had issues from home continuously dragging me into legal problems, domestic issues and I I couldn't focus. I then left my university for another year course and it didn't work.
shebk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What are you addicted?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I went to university to escape my personal problems and home life. I was an excellent student for the 6 years leading up to university. The first term I performed well, but then I dwelled in my own addiction (non drugs or alcoholic) and was late completing my modules. I also had issues with how to manage my personal life, food, cooking, personal self care and was not looking after my wellbeing. But I was never diagnosed with depression instead just blues.

Out of fear of my personal issues haunting me. I repeated the year but this time had issues from home continuously dragging me into legal problems, domestic issues and I I couldn't focus. I then left my university for another year course and it didn't work.
What would you like advice on? There's no question in my OP.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Seek help from your university explaining your situations, seeing if they could you let you in after you've resolved your issues (though it probably may take 3yrs or more, but you're in no condition to be continuing for this year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads