AMartell
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I am looking at studying BSc Psychology starting this September. I was wondering if anyone currently studying at Plymouth University could give me some advice around accommodation costs that need to be paid upfront before moving in?

Thanks I’m advance
University of Plymouth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AMartell)
Hi,

I am looking at studying BSc Psychology starting this September. I was wondering if anyone currently studying at Plymouth University could give me some advice around accommodation costs that need to be paid upfront before moving in?

Thanks I’m advance
Hi AMartell

It's so great to hear you're thinking of studying here with us! Are you looking forward to starting uni?

I can try to help answer your question, in case no current students spot it. Were you looking at halls? And have you anywhere in mind?

Let me know and I will go and investigate for you!

~ Catherine, University of Plymouth
AMartell
Rep:
?
Hi,

Yes I’ve been looking into halls, with my preference currently being Mary Newman. I am just confused on how much money is needed upfront( security deposit, advanced rent etc) before maintenance loans become active.
Thank you for your help
University of Plymouth
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

Yes I’ve been looking into halls, with my preference currently being Mary Newman. I am just confused on how much money is needed upfront( security deposit, advanced rent etc) before maintenance loans become active.
Thank you for your help
Hi AMartell

I've sent your question across to our Accommodation team. When they get back to me, I'll forward the answer on to you!

University of Plymouth
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi AMartell

Our Accommodation team have replied with some info, which will hopefully be useful to you!

For this year, 2020 entry, students will have to pay 2 weeks' advanced rent to confirm the licence agreement (this is for university-approved halls). The specific amount therefore depends on which halls/room you choose.

The portal opens in February for reservation, so keep an eye out!

That 2 week advanced rental payment will be due sometime from April onward, when the licence agreements are sent out and your reservation becomes a final booking. Hoorah!:danceboy:

There isn't any further upfront payment, as we realised this made sense for our students and their student finance.

Hope that answers your question. But please give me a shout if you'd like to know anything else!

AMartell
Rep:
?
That’s really helpful thank you
AMartell
Rep:
?
So just to check with you I don’t need to consider a security deposit? Thanks
University of Plymouth
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
So just to check with you I don’t need to consider a security deposit? Thanks
Hi AMartell

Hope you had a good weekend!

If you come to join us this year, then the upfront cost will be 2 weeks' rent to sort out the licence agreement. That's the only payment. The deposit has been dispensed with, so you don't need to pay a deposit.

This is only for university-approved halls though. If you wanted to look at others, you'd have to investigate those separately.

Let me know if you think of anything more you want to ask!

AMartell
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
That’s great, thank you for all your help
University of Plymouth
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That’s great, thank you for all your help
You're most welcome! Any other questions, drop us another message!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Plymouth
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Jun '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads