The Student Room Group

The corporate Academy Law - How do I delete my account?

Can't find 'delete' in the settings. SOMEONE HELP PLZ :frown: xx
I beg your pardon, sir? Please refrain from abusing me, I am in a fragile state of mind at present.

Thanks for the bump though. x
Why not look on their help section instead? :lol:
Original post by MidgetFever
Why not look on their help section instead? :lol:

They have one? I am new to the site and only used it once, need to delete it however and make a proper one.

Thank you for the suggestion, I just thought frequent users would know and I am in a hurry. xx
Original post by NotInTheMood!
They have one? I am new to the site and only used it once, need to delete it however and make a proper one.

Thank you for the suggestion, I just thought frequent users would know and I am in a hurry. xx

Honestly, I'm not sure. I've not tried to delete my account on there before, but I can imagine you'd probably find a lot more information there than you would here.
Honestly, I'm not sure. I've not tried to delete my account on there before, but I can imagine you'd probably find a lot more information there than you would here.

Were you able to delete it? I have looked on the site, can't find the option or "Ask us" or anything of that nature.
Were you able to delete it? I have looked on the site, can't find the option or "Ask us" or anything of that nature.

Why would you need to delete it anyway? Can you not just make a new account anyway?

You had your coffee this morning Johan? :tongue:
Why would you need to delete it anyway? Can you not just make a new account anyway?

I need to delete is simply because this account was made using a gmail account I no longer have. So, I would ideally like to delete it and make a new one with my formal email address. Were you able to delete yours? :smile: Thanks for the help, you are now my fav member on the site xx
@MidgetFever contacted the admin team, will let you know about the procedure once I am enlightened.
For anyone who cares: the way you delete it is by asking the admin team to do it for you.

So odd. Almost as if the site is a trap and doesn't want to let go. Call me a southern fairy, but the thought of existing online without consent is troubling. Feel so satisfied now. Ah.
(edited 4 years ago)
For anyone who cares: the way you delete it is by asking the admin team to do it for you.

So odd. Almost as if the site is a trap and doesn't want to let go. Call me a southern fairy, but the thought of existing online without consent is troubling. Feel so satisfied now. Ah.

It probably wasn't without consent though, most websites when you sign up for something ask you to agree to their terms and conditions, which is effectively where your consent comes from. :tongue:
It probably wasn't without consent though, most websites when you sign up for something ask you to agree to their terms and conditions, which is effectively where your consent comes from. :tongue:

I was just being dramatic and opted for the most triggering word there, what I wished to imply was that I don't quite fancy the thought of having to remain on a site because I am unable to find 'delete' in the settings, because although as a user you agree to terms when signing up, you do not agree to not ever leave.

I am just surprised that they didn't have a "delete-it-yourself" option, I find sites which are more transparent when it comes to settings far more user-friendly.

I am annoyed that these are my thoughts before I go to bed. Who am I becoming? Some horrible, boring bittttttttch.
I was just being dramatic and opted for the most triggering word there, what I wished to imply was that I don't quite fancy the thought of having to remain on a site because I am unable to find 'delete' in the settings, because although as a user you agree to terms when signing up, you do not agree to not ever leave.

I am just surprised that they didn't have a "delete-it-yourself" option, I find sites which are more transparent when it comes to settings far more user-friendly.

I am annoyed that these are my thoughts before I go to bed. Who am I becoming? Some horrible, boring bittttttttch.

I know what you meant, I just like to play the smartarse sometimes. :lol:
I know what you meant, I just like to play the smartarse sometimes. :lol:

Play? You are.

Night x
Play? You are.

Night x

Haha, I'll take it. :tongue:
Goodnight!
Okay, Eve Cornwell.

Quick Reply