The Student Room Group

Can someone help me weigh up my options for uni?

Hey there,

I am currently in the process of resitting my A Levels. I achieved grades BBC and I wanted to get into a RG uni so I decided to resit. I'm revising now and having doubts about myself and wondering if I'll either stay at the same grades or do worse.

If I do worse, I doubt any unis would let me into the course I want to do (Biochem) but I wouldn't be able to know unless I sit the exams.

My other option is to withdraw from the exams (deadline is March 5th), take another gap year and apply to foundation courses at QMUL and Sheffield, as well as other non RG unis. This means going to uni in 2021, at the age of 20. However, this way I'm sure I would be offered a place at a good univeristy that I would like to go to.

I know I would need to speak about it to my family but I know my mother and father will be devastated and my older brothers would try and convince me to continue resitting.

Also, does anyone know of any RG unis that were in clearing for biochem last year that would accept these grades?

Any help?

Thanks
Reply 1
Stop worrying, focus on getting your grades up and like you said you do always have the option of getting onto a foundation course.

Once you get the grades, it's the universities who start chasing you.
Reply 2
Original post by Finito
Stop worrying, focus on getting your grades up and like you said you do always have the option of getting onto a foundation course.

Once you get the grades, it's the universities who start chasing you.

But what if I were to get a lower grade? I messaged QMUL about the foundation course and they said they'll review why I might've got lower, which basically means I'm not getting in if that happens
Reply 3
Original post by mat325h
But what if I were to get a lower grade? I messaged QMUL about the foundation course and they said they'll review why I might've got lower, which basically means I'm not getting in if that happens

With QMUL, I imagine they would either give you an offer (if you were slightly off entry requirements) or suggest another course you can do with them (if they still want you).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending