Your actions to overcome procrastination? Watch

allenpc
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey guys. How do you overcome procrastination? Mainly for studying but also just in general as well - from the simple things like forcing yourself to get out of bed or going out for some fresh air. Does anyone else struggle with not only getting started on studying, but basic things like that too?
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by allenpc)
Hey guys. How do you overcome procrastination? Mainly for studying but also just in general as well - from the simple things like forcing yourself to get out of bed or going out for some fresh air. Does anyone else struggle with not only getting started on studying, but basic things like that too?
Hi :hello:

Here is something I found useful to remember throughout my degree, to help me get on with my work.

Study SMART Not Long: It much easier to implement a regular and successful study schedule if you are studying SMART.
o Set yourself goals.
o Make study techniques that promote greater results.
o Ask for help.
o Reward yourself for progress.
o Take a Break.

S: Set yourself goals for study. For example, make up an exam/essay question and work towards answering it.
M: Remember VARK. Are you a Visual learner, Audio learner, Reading learner or Kinetic learner. Use study techniques that will promote the best learning for yourself.
A: If you are struggling with anything ask your teacher for help. Their job is to help you with your studies. Alternatively, use study guides or the internet to help breakdown tough subjects.
R: When you hit your goals, complete work and meet important deadlines reward yourself with treats. For example, make watching an episode of your favourite show your reward for completing tasks.
T: When you’ve finished studying take breaks. Go for a walk, hang with friends or get a cup of tea and watch TV. It’s important not to overdo revising.

I hope this helps! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Melissa :five:
princetonalec
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
When I procrastinate its typically because I have no idea where to start the task at hand: breaking it down into clear concise steps may help you get started!
allenpc
Rep:
?
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hi :hello:

Here is something I found useful to remember throughout my degree, to help me get on with my work.

Study SMART Not Long: It much easier to implement a regular and successful study schedule if you are studying SMART.
o Set yourself goals.
o Make study techniques that promote greater results.
o Ask for help.
o Reward yourself for progress.
o Take a Break.

S: Set yourself goals for study. For example, make up an exam/essay question and work towards answering it.
M: Remember VARK. Are you a Visual learner, Audio learner, Reading learner or Kinetic learner. Use study techniques that will promote the best learning for yourself.
A: If you are struggling with anything ask your teacher for help. Their job is to help you with your studies. Alternatively, use study guides or the internet to help breakdown tough subjects.
R: When you hit your goals, complete work and meet important deadlines reward yourself with treats. For example, make watching an episode of your favourite show your reward for completing tasks.
T: When you’ve finished studying take breaks. Go for a walk, hang with friends or get a cup of tea and watch TV. It’s important not to overdo revising.

I hope this helps! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Melissa :five:
Hey, that’s really helpful! Thanks.
allenpc
Rep:
?
(Original post by princetonalec)
When I procrastinate its typically because I have no idea where to start the task at hand: breaking it down into clear concise steps may help you get started!
That’s a great idea, thank you!
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by allenpc)
Hey, that’s really helpful! Thanks.
Your very welcome!

If you have any other questions feel free to message us

Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (182)
61.69%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
4.07%
No- I want it (79)
26.78%
No- I don't want it (22)
7.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise