Animal Crossing Thread Watch

daintydaisy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi!

Thought I'd make a thread for us Animal Crossing players to chat about the upcoming release for the Switch. (March 20th)

Has anybody pre-ordered their copy?

Does anybody still play New Leaf or Pocket Camp?
princetonalec
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
New horizons was one of my Christmas presents, so i'm so excited for the 20th to come!
I would play new leaf but I left my DS at home, and I used to have pocket camp until the game just refused to update.
I just need animal crossing in my hands right now!
daintydaisy
Rep:
?
(Original post by princetonalec)
New horizons was one of my Christmas presents, so i'm so excited for the 20th to come!
I would play new leaf but I left my DS at home, and I used to have pocket camp until the game just refused to update.
I just need animal crossing in my hands right now!
Me too! I have a timer on my phone, I've been waiting for the release for soooo long now. I actually bought my Switch around 3 years ago in preparation for the release, although I expected it to be sooner than 2020 lol!

I play ACNL intermittently but somehow lost my charger so haven't been able to play it for a while, and ACPC just doesn't satisfy my AC cravings haha.

What are you excited for in the new game? I think the crafting will be cool but I'm most excited to see how big the map is and if they've added any new characters/dialogue! I miss the dialogue of Wild World.
princetonalec
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by daintydaisy)
Me too! I have a timer on my phone, I've been waiting for the release for soooo long now. I actually bought my Switch around 3 years ago in preparation for the release, although I expected it to be sooner than 2020 lol!

I play ACNL intermittently but somehow lost my charger so haven't been able to play it for a while, and ACPC just doesn't satisfy my AC cravings haha.

What are you excited for in the new game? I think the crafting will be cool but I'm most excited to see how big the map is and if they've added any new characters/dialogue! I miss the dialogue of Wild World.
I'm accepted for just about everything to do with the game! initially (from the direct trailer) I was sceptical because the crafting system made me nervous - it feels like every game has to have one but not all of them are good/needed.
That being said i've really come around to it! The main thing which concerns me is the fact that sometimes the animal crossing games will have exclusive items for some WiFi hotspots (like the 7/11 set... my god i've never wanted a furniture set more than that one!).
I'm also unreasonably excited for... BACK PACKS!!
daintydaisy
Rep:
?
I'm accepted for just about everything to do with the game! initially (from the direct trailer) I was sceptical because the crafting system made me nervous - it feels like every game has to have one but not all of them are good/needed.
That being said i've really come around to it! The main thing which concerns me is the fact that sometimes the animal crossing games will have exclusive items for some WiFi hotspots (like the 7/11 set... my god i've never wanted a furniture set more than that one!).
I'm also unreasonably excited for... BACK PACKS!!
Oh yeah so was I! but I trust the developers and can only assume it'll fit the game well, I'm really excited about how different it seems compared to the past ones but I just hope it still keeps the traditional aspects. (museum being the main one - filling it is probably my favourite part about the game haha)

Are you on any of the AC forums? You can get items like those by trading with people on the forums, it's how I helped build up my catalogue!

and YES!!! I'm so excited to have more storage space haha. I think they're doing another direct on February 13th so I'm hoping for some Animal Crossing previews. My boyfriend is sick of me talking about it I think haha!
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Looking forward to it :woo: Not pre-ordered yet, but will likely get it when its released anyway :excited:
daintydaisy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chronoscope)
Looking forward to it :woo: Not pre-ordered yet, but will likely get it when its released anyway :excited:
My worry is that it's going to be sold out! I think I'm gonna pre-order with my next wage just incase. I'm a bit gutted it comes out on Friday bcos I'll be working all weekend
princetonalec
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh yeah so was I! but I trust the developers and can only assume it'll fit the game well, I'm really excited about how different it seems compared to the past ones but I just hope it still keeps the traditional aspects. (museum being the main one - filling it is probably my favourite part about the game haha)

Are you on any of the AC forums? You can get items like those by trading with people on the forums, it's how I helped build up my catalogue!

and YES!!! I'm so excited to have more storage space haha. I think they're doing another direct on February 13th so I'm hoping for some Animal Crossing previews. My boyfriend is sick of me talking about it I think haha!
I'm not really on the forums much nowadays, I used to be though (I even got some of the glitched perfect fruit baskets which are infinite!) but I felt less accomplished?
I had no idea they were doing another direct though! Gosh I just desperately need animal crossing in my hands... I play Stardew Valley to pass the time but nothing is quite filling the Henry sized hole in my heart.
daintydaisy
Rep:
?
I'm not really on the forums much nowadays, I used to be though (I even got some of the glitched perfect fruit baskets which are infinite!) but I felt less accomplished?
I had no idea they were doing another direct though! Gosh I just desperately need animal crossing in my hands... I play Stardew Valley to pass the time but nothing is quite filling the Henry sized hole in my heart.
Oh wow! haha. I know what you mean, it takes away the feeling when you're just handed it. I think one of my goals in New Horizons is to try and earn everything legitimately, I'm hoping I can persuade my bf to get a copy so we can play/trade together lol!

Aw I play Stardew as well! I'm not as addicted to that as AC but still really enjoy it, but it's one of those games where 10 hours playing it feels like 10 minutes haha, not a good mix with revision!

Henry is very cute. I love Fauna, Stitches and Marshall but I've only ever had Fauna and Stitches in my town before!
princetonalec
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh wow! haha. I know what you mean, it takes away the feeling when you're just handed it. I think one of my goals in New Horizons is to try and earn everything legitimately, I'm hoping I can persuade my bf to get a copy so we can play/trade together lol!

Aw I play Stardew as well! I'm not as addicted to that as AC but still really enjoy it, but it's one of those games where 10 hours playing it feels like 10 minutes haha, not a good mix with revision!

Henry is very cute. I love Fauna, Stitches and Marshall but I've only ever had Fauna and Stitches in my town before!
If nothing else i'd be more than happy to trade items with you! None of my friends either are interested in the series or have a switch.
Oh I adore all the frog villagers. One of my favourites is Kakkun (in the Japanese version anyway, I can't remember his English name).
I hope we got more frog villagers! I know some people were hoping for fruitbats too. And my goodness what I'd do for more furniture sets. I just want more more more!!
daintydaisy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
If nothing else i'd be more than happy to trade items with you! None of my friends either are interested in the series or have a switch.
Oh I adore all the frog villagers. One of my favourites is Kakkun (in the Japanese version anyway, I can't remember his English name).
I hope we got more frog villagers! I know some people were hoping for fruitbats too. And my goodness what I'd do for more furniture sets. I just want more more more!!
Of course!! I find that as well, I don't really have that many friends who own a Switch, but I do have a friend over in NA who's just as excited as me to play, so at least I'll have her! lol.

Oh I think his name is Raddle? That's what google tells me anyway! I really like Lily, I'm so excited to see them on a bigger screen and for it not to be as pixelated haha.
thatcollegegirl
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi!

Thought I'd make a thread for us Animal Crossing players to chat about the upcoming release for the Switch. (March 20th)

Has anybody pre-ordered their copy?

Does anybody still play New Leaf or Pocket Camp?
I just restarted my New Leaf town on Monday. I won't be able to afford the switch in time but maybe a birthday treat for myself. I have the really nice Happy Home Designer 3DS XL anyway. Name:  ANICROSSHHDEAC.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  47.3 KB
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Not pre-ordered, but I'm looking forward to Tom Nooks Fyre Festival and the unrealistic escapist fantasy of having a house and friends
daintydaisy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by thatcollegegirl)
I just restarted my New Leaf town on Monday. I won't be able to afford the switch in time but maybe a birthday treat for myself. I have the really nice Happy Home Designer 3DS XL anyway. Name:  ANICROSSHHDEAC.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  47.3 KB
The game will be around for a long time so there’s no rush really! I absolutely love that DS!!!

I’ve been saving for a while in hope of an animal crossing switch being announced and managed to pre-order one the other day! I’m sooo excited. Name:  BEDBFDEF-3E27-4DF6-969D-185EF2DE4009.jpeg
Views: 4
Size:  60.1 KB

I never thought I’d fall in love with the design of a switch but I’m a sucker for anything animal crossing hahah, my boyfriend even ordered me the matching case to go with it
Name:  42CF1D46-087F-4F36-A3D6-A9B0002C5361.jpeg
Views: 4
Size:  25.0 KB

Hopefully there is a Nintendo direct next Thursday to get us pumped for the 30 day count down!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (171)
67.06%
No (84)
32.94%

Watched Threads