XodaCan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I'm 5 months into YEAR 10 and I really want to start doing past papers for revision, but since I'm still a ways away from completing my course, I just want past papers on a certain topic. I want to do some Biology, Physics and Chemistry practice for AQA combined science. I can't find any past papers for the topics I want to do, any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
username5093898
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
don’t use the past papers up too soon! there’s a limited amount due to there being a new spec and it only being out for a couple of years. leave the past papers until year 11. instead get practice workbooks, seneca quizzes or bbc bitesize quizzes.
XodaCan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Bmg1374)
don’t use the past papers up too soon! there’s a limited amount due to there being a new spec and it only being out for a couple of years. leave the past papers until year 11. instead get practice workbooks, seneca quizzes or bbc bitesize quizzes.
Thanks for the advice, but wouldn't it be wise to just keep doing past papers anyway along with the quizzes, to get used to how papers are made, how questions should be answered and stuff like that. I mean for most papers except english the answers are all quite formulaic.
username5093898
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by XodaCan)
Thanks for the advice, but wouldn't it be wise to just keep doing past papers anyway along with the quizzes, to get used to how papers are made, how questions should be answered and stuff like that. I mean for most papers except english the answers are all quite formulaic.
no. as i said, there are a very limited amount of past papers, so it wouldn’t be the best idea to complete them all so early. i’m currently in year 11 and we’ve already run out of maths past papers(we completed some in class before mocks). the bitesize exam questions and workbooks are answered in the same way as actual papers. the way the papers themselves are made has very little to no effect on most people, so don’t worry about that - it’s more the environment of the exam halls that affects people
Emily~3695
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by XodaCan)
I'm 5 months into YEAR 10 and I really want to start doing past papers for revision, but since I'm still a ways away from completing my course, I just want past papers on a certain topic. I want to do some Biology, Physics and Chemistry practice for AQA combined science. I can't find any past papers for the topics I want to do, any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
If you want practice questions for science I would highly recommend physics and maths tutor, they have practice questions sorted by topic so you can practice one topic at a time, don’t use the official practice papers yet as you will run out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads