The Student Room Group

Supervision problems

Got a supervisor who I’m pretty sure who has it out for me. I left a lecture before half way through because I was unwell, the lecturer went and reported me to my course leader without even speaking to me. Also, it was not only me who left so why was I the only one who got reported???!!!

Now, here we are, she is now my supervisor and I submitted and ethics draft on Monday last week, I get a response Friday saying she received my draft (no feedback attached). She says she’ll give me feed back ‘ASAP’.

Funny thing is, someone who submitted their draft 2 days after me got feedback on Friday? So here I am the following week on Tuesday night with no email or feedback. Feeling very singled out and unsure what to do. Surely it is unfair to give someone else feedback before me when they submit their draft 2 days late? Extremely annoyed and stressed, give me suggestions to do please.
Is there any way you can see someone higher than your supervisor? Try talking to your course leader? You don’t even have to speak to them in person, sometimes an email can be a better approach :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Is there any way you can see someone higher than your supervisor? Try talking to your course leader? You don’t even have to speak to them in person, sometimes an email can be a better approach :smile:

Yeah I can definitely do that, I just need reassurance that I’m not exaggerating and what I’ve stated is not stupid 😂
Do you have anything to complain to a department head about that isn't 2nd hand gossip or assumption? Not really for you to dictate the order staff should do their feedback in IMO, waiting a few days/weeks is normal.
Reply 4
Original post by StriderHort
Do you have anything to complain to a department head about that isn't 2nd hand gossip or assumption? Not really for you to dictate the order staff should do their feedback in IMO, waiting a few days/weeks is normal.

If you’re saying someone who submits their draft later than the deadline deserves their feedback before someone who does it on time, then you’re an absolute idiot. Get really you clown
Reply 5
Well i definitely understand why your feeling singled out, but maybe before taking it further just wait and see if this unusual behaviour towards you continues/escalates? I feel like she could’ve had reasons for reporting you for leaving the lecture (although not sure why she wouldn’t report others) and maybe she’s just really busy or something and hasn’t gotten around to doing your feedback yet 🤷*♀️🤷*♀️ i say you send her an email asking about the feedback
Original post by Anonymous
If you’re saying someone who submits their draft later than the deadline deserves their feedback before someone who does it on time, then you’re an absolute idiot. Get really you clown

I don't care about who deserves what, it's not for you to dictate how staff manage their time, but by all means make things worse with a nonsense complaint if you wish, toodles :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by StriderHort
I don't care about who deserves what, it's not for you to dictate how staff manage their time, but by all means make things worse with a nonsense complaint if you wish, toodles :smile:

After looking at your student room profile stats, looks like you eat, breathe, and sleep this forum. Have fun wasting your life spending your days posting controversial statements just to annoy people. I can already imagine the state of you 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending