(Original post by Condensed)
Are the options okay
AQA Triple Science
AQA Geography
AQA French
OCR Computer Science

If anyone has any experiences with these subjects please let me know
Thank You
I have done computer science and in my opinion it was hard and boring but its your choice it may be for you it just wasn't for me.
I was going to do triple science but didn't my friend does though and its hard and a lot of work.
geography and French are really good options and loads for people enjoy them.
I ended up taking drama history re and art.
hope his helped but at the end of the day its up to you x
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are the options okay
AQA Triple Science
AQA Geography
AQA French
OCR Computer Science

Thank You
They seem okay, I assume you're also doing English and Maths as well as those listed above?
Condensed
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Hazelly)
They seem okay, I assume you're also doing English and Maths as well as those listed above?
yes
i will also do english literature, englsih language and maths but those are my options
Condensed
Rep:
?
(Original post by CharChar2106)
I have done computer science and in my opinion it was hard and boring but its your choice it may be for you it just wasn't for me.
I was going to do triple science but didn't my friend does though and its hard and a lot of work.
geography and French are really good options and loads for people enjoy them.
I ended up taking drama history re and art.
hope his helped but at the end of the day its up to you x
thanks this helped me a lot
xoamox
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
computer science - dreadful: have had the worst teachers and experience, you have to teach the content to yourself; of course this may not apply to you if you have a good teacher but the programming is a bit annoying

triple science - literally combined science extended, although it's veryyy interesting and I love learning all the separate content - hard? definitely not if you put the work in, it's just extra topics which are a lot more fun and intriguing than combined
but maybe that's just because I'm a science person, although I'd definitely recommend triple science
PotatoFruit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Personally I liked computer science but the teachers are trash
apostasies
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are the options okay
AQA Triple Science
AQA Geography
AQA French
OCR Computer Science

Thank You
French - I did Edexcel French not AQA, but French is a really fun subject. I loved it a lot. I hated the speaking component and I personally found reading and writing easier than speaking and listening.

Computer Science - We started GCSEs in year 9 at my old school and I did OCR Computer Science for a year and a half until I quit. To me, it’s kind of one of those subjects where you can either do it or not. The teachers I had were terrible but that may not be the case at your school.
Condensed
Rep:
?
(Original post by apostasies)
French - I did Edexcel French not AQA, but French is a really fun subject. I loved it a lot. I hated the speaking component and I personally found reading and writing easier than speaking and listening.

Computer Science - We started GCSEs in year 9 at my old school and I did OCR Computer Science for a year and a half until I quit. To me, it’s kind of one of those subjects where you can either do it or not. The teachers I had were terrible but that may not be the case at your school.
thank you
taylor swift !!
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Triple science is great!!!! French is harder for most people than Spanish but if your school only offers French/you just prefer it then it’s the right choice. I hate my geography class but I love the subject so do take it. My school doesn’t do computer science but it’s well regarded. As long as you’re happy not doing a creative subject those options will be excellent! Maybe talk to people at your school who’ve taken those subjects and see what they say as well.
Condensed
Rep:
?
(Original post by taylor swift !!)
Triple science is great!!!! French is harder for most people than Spanish but if your school only offers French/you just prefer it then it’s the right choice. I hate my geography class but I love the subject so do take it. My school doesn’t do computer science but it’s well regarded. As long as you’re happy not doing a creative subject those options will be excellent! Maybe talk to people at your school who’ve taken those subjects and see what they say as well.
thank you very much i am definitely doing triple science
casabonita
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
triple science is great, loved computer science too. didn't take geography (more of a history person), but i took german - my least favourite subject out of everything, but it's useful to have i think
Bill Nye
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I take all of those subjects except geography (albeit with different exam boards for some). Personally, I don't enjoy french (mostly because I'm no good at it :laugh:), but it's not that bad. I do really like computer science and triple science though. Not sure what yea you're in but for exams in 2022, the spec for CS is changing slightly though.
Condensed
Rep:
?
(Original post by casabonita)
triple science is great, loved computer science too. didn't take geography (more of a history person), but i took german - my least favourite subject out of everything, but it's useful to have i think
thanks is triple science easy or hard
Condensed
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bill Nye)
I take all of those subjects except geography (albeit with different exam boards for some). Personally, I don't enjoy french (mostly because I'm no good at it :laugh:), but it's not that bad. I do really like computer science and triple science though. Not sure what yea you're in but for exams in 2022, the spec for CS is changing slightly though.
thanks what is the difficulty of triple science
Bill Nye
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
thanks what is the difficulty of triple science
It's fine tbh. It's not that much more difficult than combined science (there are some harder bits that combined science doesn't cover, but a lot of it isn't necessarily harder, just more content). Also, there are loads of resources online etc that will help if you are struggling
E3student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are the options okay
AQA Triple Science
AQA Geography
AQA French
OCR Computer Science

Thank You
I take triple science geography and French so feel free to ask anything
casabonita
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
thanks is triple science easy or hard
i thought it was fine, i dont think its that much harder than combined science. definitely would recommend seneca for triple science
Condensed
Rep:
?
(Original post by casabonita)
i thought it was fine, i dont think its that much harder than combined science. definitely would recommend seneca for triple science
thank you
Condensed
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
thank you
thank you
we will got our option form on monday and unfortunately we can only pick 8 gcse

So i will pick

English Language
English Literature
Mathematics
Bioligy( Triple)
Chemstiry(Triple)
Physics(Triple)
Geography
French
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (172)
66.67%
No (86)
33.33%

Watched Threads