Hi
My final option is between Computer Science Vs Re
Computer Science
Pro
Ebacc Subject
Useful in the future
Good enviroment
Con
Hate The Teacher( However he will be replaced in April)
Might Be Hard

Re
Pro
Apparently An Easy Subject
Is A Humanity
Got 80% Of My Last Test
Strict Teacher
Con
Hate The Teacher(has favourites)
Some of the topics are boring
We have been doing posters for the last few weeks(they are boring)
Not the right environment

Both of these subjects have pro's and cons so anyone doing these subjects did you like the subject and what was your experience

Thank you
Claisen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Firstly, the English Baccalaureate isn't important. I wouldn't worry about that and you don't need it to go to an RG/Top 10 university.

I did Computer Science and really enjoyed it, it gave me programming skills in Python which I still use today and has gave me an advantage over my peers in certain modules. I didn't get the EBacc and study chemistry at an RG university. No-one has ever asked me about this GCSE though, so even if you do RE you will still be fine.

The reality is that what GCSEs you doesn't matter as long as you get good grades.
Finito
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I would say Computer Science
Condensed
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Claisen)
Firstly, the English Baccalaureate isn't important. I wouldn't worry about that and you don't need it to go to an RG/Top 10 university.

I did Computer Science and really enjoyed it, it gave me programming skills in Python which I still use today and has gave me an advantage over my peers in certain modules. I didn't get the EBacc and study chemistry at an RG university. No-one has ever asked me about this GCSE though, so even if you do RE you will still be fine.

The reality is that what GCSEs you doesn't matter as long as you get good grades.
thank you
i am pretty sure that i will pick computer science
and also if you did ocr do you know what i will be studying as the options booklet does not tell us that
thanks
betterdenu
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hey, I do both re and computer science . if I were you I would definitely go for re as I think that it's easier and straight forward than computer science which is more complicated. also, you need a good teacher to be able to understand the content for computer science. if you are good at English and enjoy essay based subjects and exams then you would find re more easier. but it's up to you pick a subject that you enjoy the most.
Mehru1214
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Deffo do CompSci
Condensed
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by betterdenu)
hey, I do both re and computer science . if I were you I would definitely go for re as I think that it's easier and straight forward than computer science which is more complicated. also, you need a good teacher to be able to understand the content for computer science. if you are good at English and enjoy essay based subjects and exams then you would find re more easier. but it's up to you pick a subject that you enjoy the most.
thanks i do like the re teachers but she has her favourites and only helps them
However i think that with the furutre being all automated i think that computer sciece will be more helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (109)
28.02%
No (280)
71.98%

Watched Threads