XodaCan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
So I'm about 5 months into my GCSE course for most subjects (year 10), how many hours a week should I revise? As I approach exams how much should I revise.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Enough, is the answer. Also it depends on how you're doing at the moment.
Some people bust out five hours a day or more in the run-up to GCSEs, some don't. You should revise enough so that you know you're understanding what you're learning and you're able to answer questions correctly.
If you're in year 10 then this just amounts to paying attention in class and doing your homework.

Personally I was a lazy f**k right up until after my GCSE mocks but I do not recommend this to everyone.
tessmayer
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I didn’t revise until the second half of year 11 because personally I know that I burn out if I start too early and do too much so it really just depends on how much you think you need to do. When I would have mocks I’d just do a few hours at home after getting back from school
Mona123456
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by XodaCan)
So I'm about 5 months into my GCSE course for most subjects (year 10), how many hours a week should I revise? As I approach exams how much should I revise.
Wow, if you’re in Year 10 and thinking about revision this early then that’s impressive! Honestly, I would advise you to just keep on top of homework and complete that to a good standard, and maybe spent a little time each weekend (or at the end of each day) just reading through any new notes or trickier topics. But when I was in your position, I don’t think I started revising until the Easter holidays, and even then I’d just aim for like 2-4 hours a day about 4 days a week. Year 11 is when the work steps up a bit and you need to be polishing the finer details of exam technique. But really, Year 10 is a bit too early to be doing any major/intense revision, as you don’t want to be wasting precious past papers when you haven’t even finished the content yet. So yep - maybe spend an hour or two a week beyond your homework time just reading through notes (or textbooks/revision guides, or watching YouTube videos) but I really wouldn’t stress about doing too much at this point. Good luck!
noturhabibti
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
idk how much you SHOULD revise but i'm in year 10 and i only revise for my end of topic assessments
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (113)
28.32%
No - I have already returned home (52)
13.03%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (80)
20.05%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
9.77%
No - I live at home during term anyway (115)
28.82%

Watched Threads