The Student Room Group

Childcare Grant

Hello
Just a few questions..

I have two children and a partner with an income of 18k.
Our childcare costs for 4 days a week would be around the max amount of 298.69 a week.
Im doing midwifery so Im at university most of the year with a few weeks off over the course of the year. The children will still be in nursery during those holidays. Is this okay? Or is the funding term time only.

Also.. some weeks I might be in 3 days at uni or 3 days on placement but the children will need to go in for 4 days so I can do assignments etc.. Is this also okay? Or does it need to be on the set days that Im at uni/placement?
Original post by brokensmile17
Hello
Just a few questions..

I have two children and a partner with an income of 18k.
Our childcare costs for 4 days a week would be around the max amount of 298.69 a week.
Im doing midwifery so Im at university most of the year with a few weeks off over the course of the year. The children will still be in nursery during those holidays. Is this okay? Or is the funding term time only.

Also.. some weeks I might be in 3 days at uni or 3 days on placement but the children will need to go in for 4 days so I can do assignments etc.. Is this also okay? Or does it need to be on the set days that Im at uni/placement?

Hi there,

Your Childcare Grant can be used throughout the academic year, even during term breaks. It's important to note that as of the 2019/20 academic year, the grant is awarded based on household income and not the estimated costs expected during the academic year.

Thanks,
Chanel
Original post by SFE Chanel
Hi there,

Your Childcare Grant can be used throughout the academic year, even during term breaks. It's important to note that as of the 2019/20 academic year, the grant is awarded based on household income and not the estimated costs expected during the academic year.

Thanks,
Chanel

Hi sorry I’m confused by the last bit you’ve written about household income,what do you mean?
Original post by brokensmile17
Hi sorry I’m confused by the last bit you’ve written about household income,what do you mean?

When we calculate how much Childcare Grant you're entitled to, we'll base this on household income. We look at the student's unearned income and if applicable, their partner's household income.

Thanks,
Chanel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending