lepetitjuif
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'd like to have opinions from people who study there or know about the course. I'd like to study film prod.

Thank you
GatoMessi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lepetitjuif)
I'd like to have opinions from people who study there or know about the course. I'd like to study film prod.

Thank you
I went there last November for an Open Day and Film Production was one of them. I found it very impressive but of course I was never a student there.
lepetitjuif
Rep:
?
(Original post by GatoMessi)
I went there last November for an Open Day and Film Production was one of them. I found it very impressive but of course I was never a student there.
What was so impressive about their course?
And where do you study?
GatoMessi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What was so impressive about their course?
And where do you study?
Things they have offered for the course, but I haven't been to other Universities but I cannot compare between University of Portsmouth and many of others.

Solent University is very good also - been there for an Open Day.

Northbrook MET College in Worthing - don't bother going there!!

Spoiler:
Show

lepetitjuif
Rep:
?
(Original post by GatoMessi)
Things they have offered for the course, but I haven't been to other Universities but I cannot compare between University of Portsmouth and many of others.

Solent University is very good also - been there for an Open Day.

Northbrook MET College in Worthing - don't bother going there!!

Spoiler:
Show

What did they have to offer?

What's wrong with Northbrook? Is this where you study?
GatoMessi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Yep and dropped out of Northbrook!

You should really visit Open Day to check them out for yourself. It isn't like you are going to study Mathematics or Law or Accounting.

It is FILM PRODUCTION you are going to study and therefore you need to check out to see if you like their equipment, their studios etc
GatoMessi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

and check this out https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=3686313
lepetitjuif
Rep:
?
Where do you study now?
GatoMessi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Where do you study now?
I am looking to re-start this September - Fashion Buying & Merchandising will be my top priority. I am not a student at this moment, but I was last year at Northbrook MET College in Worthing doing Digital Photography & Creative Filmmaking. Hardly had once every 3 weeks for "Filmmaking"
username5236000
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm in third year of this course, would highly recommend. Most of the staff have either previously been employed in or are still working in the industry so they know what is expected of you when you graduate. The loan store has up-to-date equipment for you to use and the course is often updated to adapt with the ever changing industry. Also lots of opportunities for work experience though you get what you put in to it!
GeeBee_16
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm in third year of this course, would highly recommend. Most of the staff have either previously been employed in or are still working in the industry so they know what is expected of you when you graduate. The loan store has up-to-date equipment for you to use and the course is often updated to adapt with the ever changing industry. Also lots of opportunities for work experience though you get what you put in to it!
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Thank you
(Original post by username5236000)
Hi lepetitjuif !

I don't do this course however I have quoted another users reply who is currently doing this course! I study Digital Marketing so a lot of the work that I do is using the same resources and buildings as those studying film, animation etc. I have to say Portsmouth is amazing in these fields for really preparing you for jobs after Uni. The lecturers really do give assignments and lectures on things which you will be able to tell future employers that you know how to do. I'd really recommend going on the Uni website and reading about the course modules. Also search on the website about Eldon Building's facilities as there is some amazing resources there and this is where your lectures will most likely be.
Also, Portsmouth Uni has amazing facilities to help you get a placement for your sandwich year if that is something you are looking to do during your course.

Hope this helps!

Erin - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.34%
Uncertainty around my education (65)
11.57%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.74%
Lack of purpose or motivation (74)
13.17%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.69%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (27)
4.8%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (60)
10.68%
Financial worries (35)
6.23%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (22)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.05%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.67%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.96%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (46)
8.19%

Watched Threads