The Student Room Group

Birmingham A100 / A101 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Offer open day today...any comments from attendees? 😁
Reply 181
Original post by Laycity
Offer open day today...any comments from attendees? 😁

I really enjoyed it! It has really confirmed that I want to firm Birmingham and has provided me with further motivation to grind those A Levels. The activities they put on were great for meeting people who might be on the course, as well as the staff, not to mention they were so welcoming.
Original post by Sh_A
I really enjoyed it! It has really confirmed that I want to firm Birmingham and has provided me with further motivation to grind those A Levels. The activities they put on were great for meeting people who might be on the course, as well as the staff, not to mention they were so welcoming.

Same! I really enjoyed it. What did you do in the morning?
Reply 183
Original post by HopefulMedic2020
Same! I really enjoyed it. What did you do in the morning?

I had the workshops in the morning. Started off with the medical quiz and won a chocolate bar. :wink:
Original post by Sh_A
I had the workshops in the morning. Started off with the medical quiz and won a chocolate bar. :wink:

Haha same!!
It was a really fantastic day made lots of new friends and yeah it was a really good motivational tool just made me want to start the course now!
Reply 186
Question to current med students at Bham; what anatomy books does the med school recommend?
Reply 187
Original post by A_J_B
Question to current med students at Bham; what anatomy books does the med school recommend?

I’m not a current Birmingham medical student but I asked this exact question on the offer holder day. They said the only book you need is Gray’s Anatomy.
Reply 188
Original post by Sh_A
I’m not a current Birmingham medical student but I asked this exact question on the offer holder day. They said the only book you need is Gray’s Anatomy.

Right I see thanks!
Reply 189
Original post by A_J_B

The best ones to use are:

1)Grey's anatomy for students, or
2)Moore's Clinically Orientated Anatomy

Additionally, a lot of people like to use an anatomy atlas. A really good one is Netter's Atlas of Human Anatomy.

Hope that helps!
Anyone firmed Birmingham yet?
Reply 191
Original post by Bethddd

I want to but I’m still waiting for one more medical school to make an offer/rejection. :colonhash:
Original post by Bethddd

I will be do you have to wait for replies from everyone or can you firm one now and then insure between 2 later??
anyone know if the 28th of March offer holder day is still happening?
Original post by coffeedrinker123
anyone know if the 28th of March offer holder day is still happening?

I think this may well be an online event now by the look of it...

https://intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/student/coronavirus/Coronavirus-FAQs-for-students-and-staff.aspx

In light of the recent and ever changing situation around COVID-19, we have taken the decision to postpone our scheduled open days and offer holder visits to campus next week, and instead run online events which you will be able to join from any location.

You will still have the opportunity to speak to staff, learn more about your chosen programme and get a flavour of life at Birmingham. The event will run on the same day as your planned visit to campus, and we will be in touch next week with further information on how to join.

If you are registered for events beyond 22 March 2020, we will be in touch to provide further information on these events next week.
Reply 195
Original post by Pulkitmal2001
I will be do you have to wait for replies from everyone or can you firm one now and then insure between 2 later??

You have to get all of your decisions back before choosing a firm and insurance.
y

Original post by Bethddd

yeppp
Original post by maryam1233
y

yeppp

same here, sent out pretty much all the forms except the health and immunisation forms.
Reply 198
Original post by SOFRanger
same here, sent out pretty much all the forms except the health and immunisation forms.

Wait, have you firmed Bham?
Reply 199
Hi, i'm a current first year medic at Birmingham, I know how helpful speaking to current students was so if you have any questions feel free to ask! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending