The Student Room Group

Further maths and maths =1 a-level...

Our school counts maths and FM as one a level. So I assume they start with maths first year and FM at A2. How do universities look upon them? Lse wants 3 a levels for example (A* in maths, A in FM and another). Furthermore, if I choose to take AS further maths how would that work...
Thx
You would need to maths and fm in both years, so AS in year 1 and A2 in year 2. Universities see this combination as 1 a level so its better if a student takes another a level unless maths and further maths is required. What do you mean about AS further maths like what are your concerns about it?
Reply 2
Original post by tarasewiczE11387
Our school counts maths and FM as one a level. So I assume they start with maths first year and FM at A2. How do universities look upon them? Lse wants 3 a levels for example (A* in maths, A in FM and another). Furthermore, if I choose to take AS further maths how would that work...
Thx

They may describe it as one subject (some schools call it "double maths"), but if you are doing a full course in Maths and Further Maths, it is two A Levels.

How much time does it take up on your timetable? The same as other subjects, or twice as much?

Quick Reply

Latest