The Student Room Group

anyone else just wanna move away on their own

Anyone else have this urge of wanting to just move away from family, friends etc, somewhere like a different city or even country? If I had the chance i'd do it lol
Same but to the Netherlands. Hbu?
Sometimes, yeah. Living alone helps though, and sometimes I just don't answer my phone if I don't want to deal with anyone.
I'd like to go to a little peaceful island like fiji for escapism, then return to real life
I like the idea of starting again too
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone else have this urge of wanting to just move away from family, friends etc, somewhere like a different city or even country? If I had the chance i'd do it lol

I have been obsessed with moving to a desert country like Oman and just live peacefully. Sounds weird but city life is a bit crazy
All the damn time
I hate living in the city to be honest :/

Mate I am in the same situation. I have now moved and life couldn't be any better!
Mate I am in the same situation. I have now moved and life couldn't be any better!

which country if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by gucciclara
which country if you don't mind me asking?

Now in england was in aussie land
Lets be honest , most people who frequently visit this site would love to do that , otherwise we woudn't be on this site alot
I mean I decided to stay in my uni town after I finished as I didn’t want to move back to my parents as I love having the freedom and independence to just do my own thing. I think it does get a bit lonely sometimes but it depends on what your situation is like I find that as long as I have say like 1 person who lives nearby then it makes things easier as when things get tough it’s helpful to have someone to chat to face-face!
Nope.
I'd hate to live alone.
I mean I decided to stay in my uni town after I finished as I didn’t want to move back to my parents as I love having the freedom and independence to just do my own thing. I think it does get a bit lonely sometimes but it depends on what your situation is like I find that as long as I have say like 1 person who lives nearby then it makes things easier as when things get tough it’s helpful to have someone to chat to face-face!

It's defo tough to be on your ow initially but you'll get used to sorting out everything on your own then you'll be fine

Since 2015 i have basically ran away from family and having no friends in different cities. This is because my family see me as a 'introverted fool who would be better off in a mental home'. And tbh this is true. Because i suffer from Depression, Anxiety and ****ty autism.

Summer 2015 i lived in a welsh village and Sheffield to work for a summer camp job. Autumn 2015, went to Nottingham for 4 years to study for uni (3 OF THOSE YEARS I LIVED ALONE DEPRESSINGLY) Then summer 2018 went to live in New hampshire in America to work in a ****ty four star hotel. Now i'm pathetically preparing to live in Swindon next week tuesday for PGL for 9 months. All this because i have a **** life and have no friends. Plus all the moving about i've done have ALL BEEN EPIC FAILS INCLUDING UNIVERSITY

I don't know how old you are or if you have mental health issues but can i ask why you want to move away? I wish i can psychologically go deeper in my view of this but then probably tsr would remove it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Seems like a mental disorder
Reply 15
fr I have this urge to just move away. Perhaps to Japan or Canada
Lets move to Brazil together

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending