Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
im a journalism student. I wanted to know how are the placements for international students at Sheffield Hallam university and how is the journalism department?
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi,

I'm pleased to hear you're interested in studying at Sheffield Hallam, where are you from? :hello:

We have several different masters courses to choose from including International Journalism, Multimedia Journalism or Sports Journalism, so you can choose what suits you best. We have industry-standard radio, TV and journalism suites to help you produce high-quality produce news bulletins, features and interviews for broadcast, newspaper, magazines and online. You can view these courses and their entry requirements & fees here.

Our partnerships in our Media, PR and Journalism courses mean you can gain access to a wide range of industry networks with local and national organisations such as the BBC, Doc/Fest (a local documentary festival), South Yorkshire Police and also some of the country's top media outlets.

You can chat to our International Journalism graduate Gabriela here - she is also an international student and can give you an idea of what the course is like including modules/topics you'll study, facilities, timetable structure, assessment criteria and career opportunities. She can also tell you about support for international students and what student life is like in Sheffield.

If you want to know how we help international students settle in, check out this video.

I hope this helps with your decision and that you can get a better understanding of what it is like to study at Hallam! Good luck with your application, let me know if you have any other questions I can answer.

- Ella
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (47)
16.04%
I'm not sure (8)
2.73%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
34.13%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.37%
I'm not a current university student (134)
45.73%

Watched Threads