spelltanghulu
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Back in October, I forgot to add a qualification to my UCAS application. Realized this after submitting, contacted UCAS, contacted all of my choices, the missing qualification is present on UCAS Track yadayadayada. The problem is, after I emailed St Catz (my college), they never got back to me (and I checked that the email address was correct). I emailed them again today in the morning with this after realizing I never received a reply:

Dear Ms. Sansome,

On October 5th, 2019, I sent the following correspondence to St. Catz’s:

To whom it may concern at the University of Oxford, St. Catherine’s College,After submitting my UCAS Application, I realized that I forgot to include one of my past qualifications, a 770 on the Biology-M SAT Subject Test. I'm deeply sorry for my forgetfulness and respectfully request that this qualification be added to my applicant file. My UCAS Personal ID is XXXXXXXXX. If needed, I can send an official score report from the College Board. Again, I'm very sorry for my mistake, and I hope this will not affect my application detrimentally.

Best,

My name

By then, I had already contacted UCAS to add the forgotten qualification after contacting Oxford, which directed me to UCAS. On UCAS track, the additional qualification is present, and I sent it along with the official score reports from the College Board as well. I was just wondering if St Catz ever received this email (since I didn’t receive a reply) and if this would detrimentally affect my application/offer. Thank you so much, and I’m so sorry for the repeated emails!

Best,

My name

Will this detrimentally affect my offer (I have one for PPE that's just conditional on me sending the appropriate scores, which I've already sent)? I'm planning on calling them tomorrow morning just to further sort things out Am I worrying too much?
Last edited by spelltanghulu; 1 month ago
Mona123456
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by spelltanghulu)
Back in October, I forgot to add a qualification to my UCAS application. Realized this after submitting, contacted UCAS, contacted all of my choices, the missing qualification is present on UCAS Track yadayadayada. The problem is, after I emailed St Catz (my college), they never got back to me (and I checked that the email address was correct). I emailed them again today in the morning with this after realizing I never received a reply:

Dear Ms. Sansome,

On October 5th, 2019, I sent the following correspondence to St. Catz’s:

To whom it may concern at the University of Oxford, St. Catherine’s College,After submitting my UCAS Application, I realized that I forgot to include one of my past qualifications, a 770 on the Biology-M SAT Subject Test. I'm deeply sorry for my forgetfulness and respectfully request that this qualification be added to my applicant file. My UCAS Personal ID is XXXXXXXXX. If needed, I can send an official score report from the College Board. Again, I'm very sorry for my mistake, and I hope this will not affect my application detrimentally.

Best,

My name

By then, I had already contacted UCAS to add the forgotten qualification after contacting Oxford, which directed me to UCAS. On UCAS track, the additional qualification is present, and I sent it along with the official score reports from the College Board as well. I was just wondering if St Catz ever received this email (since I didn’t receive a reply) and if this would detrimentally affect my application/offer. Thank you so much, and I’m so sorry for the repeated emails!

Best,

My name

Will this detrimentally affect my offer (I have one for PPE that's just conditional on me sending the appropriate scores, which I've already sent)? I'm planning on calling them tomorrow morning just to further sort things out Am I worrying too much?
First of all: well done on getting an offer! That’s incredible, and you should be so proud!

Second: I wouldn’t expect that this will affect anything. If you’d like to ring them for confirmation tomorrow, that seems reasonable (although you may like to wait a few days to give them a chance to reply to the follow up email). But, you made a genuine mistake and did everything you could to correct it, and I doubt that a Biology related qualification would have too much of a bearing on any decision. I think things will all work out and you’ll be absolutely fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Jul '20
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

Do you get study leave?