The Student Room Group

KMMS A100 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Slkslk
Has anyone got a feeling about what KMMS will do if grades aren't predicted as AAB?!

I think it depends on when the autumn resits are because on the Ofqual site it mentioned that there’s a possibility you can start the course a bit later depending on the uni, so I reckon they’ll let people know once Ofqual release the autumn exams date?
Reply 41
Original post by George Stv
I think it depends on when the autumn resits are because on the Ofqual site it mentioned that there’s a possibility you can start the course a bit later depending on the uni, so I reckon they’ll let people know once Ofqual release the autumn exams date?

Yes that could affect it. All going to be so complicated though, if resit results aren't until January, which has been suggested, then surely it's too late?!
Original post by Slkslk
Yes that could affect it. All going to be so complicated though, if resit results aren't until January, which has been suggested, then surely it's too late?!

I doubt they’ll be January because that’s not really an “autumn” resit....But then again as you said it’ll be tricky cos they’ll have to allow enough time between results day so start of Aug and whenever resits are for people to revise cos if you think about it some people will get grades lower than expected and then have to resit ygm?
Has anyone here who has applied for accommodation on campus heard back yet?
Original post by Icykitten
Has anyone here who has applied for accommodation on campus heard back yet?

Don’t know about anybody else, but I only received an acknowledgement email. I think we should know more nearer to the time
Reply 45
What accommodation is everyone looking at?
Original post by StudentRep Annabel
Hey guys!
Congratulations to all of you on your offers to study at KMMS :biggrin:
I'm currently a student at the University of Kent and study on the same campus as part of the medical school, although I can't really help with any medical school specific questions, if you guys have any questions about the campus or student life or accommodation in Kent then please feel free to ask :smile:

Hi I have a few questions I’d be very grateful if you could please answer :smile:

Are there any single sex flats? En-suite rooms?
Is there uni accommodation for first years? And the subsequent years?
Is the medical school and surrounding areas diverse? Any Muslims and Asians?
Thank you so much
Original post by Anonymous778
Hi I have a few questions I’d be very grateful if you could please answer :smile:

Are there any single sex flats? En-suite rooms?
Is there uni accommodation for first years? And the subsequent years?
Is the medical school and surrounding areas diverse? Any Muslims and Asians?
Thank you so much

Hi there!
Of course, I'm happy to help :smile:

I believe when applying for accommodation, KMMS students also have the choice of some accommodation owned by Canterbury Christ Church University and private student halls. I don't have any experience with either of these, so my answers will be in relation to the accommodation available from the University of Kent :smile:

There are some single-sex accommodation flats/blocks available on the Kent campus. When applying for accommodation there should be an option to select single-sex accommodation and then it will show you the available options. For more info on this, contact the KMMS Accommodation team as they'll be able to provide more specifics :smile:

There are loads of different styles of rooms available and several of the accommodation blocks on campus have en-suite rooms. When looking at the accommodation online, it will outline whether each accommodation has en-suite rooms available :smile:

First year students have a priority when it comes to on-campus accommodation. But all students, regardless of degree stage can apply for on campus accommodation as well. Second and third year students typically move into private rented houses off-campus or private student halls (such as Palamon Court or Canterbury Student Manor) located off campus. There is lots of support available for students looking to move off-campus in their second and third years, including a Housing Fair which is worth attending if you need some guidance on how it all works!

From my experience at Kent, the student population is really diverse, which I really love! Kent has loads of cultural societies as well including an Islamic Society and several different Asian societies too. If you'd like to see what they offer, you can see a complete list on the Kent Union website :smile: Kent Union

I hope that this answers your questions! If there's anything else I can help with, please feel free to ask :biggrin:
Hi
Has anyone with poor gcses got an offer from KMMS?
Has anyone heard back about their accommodation? I just heard back and they said I was accepted into Canterbury Christ Church University’s accommodation but from what I understood form the university we won't know what room we have till after the 13th August.
Has anyone heard back about their accommodation? I’m still waiting.
Reply 51
When does the course start ? I do believe its the 7th September but I doubt myself.
Most people moving in 5th/6th, then theres welcome week, and official lectures start 14th
Original post by NasBash
When does the course start ? I do believe its the 7th September but I doubt myself.

Yep, it’s the 7th :smile:
All off site social media group chats are not allowed on TSR.

Just to remind everyone, you are not allowed to promote off site social media group chats.

Do not ask for them either. It's for your protection and against our rules.

This applied to private message also, so please continue your discussions here in the thread.

Post originally created by ecolier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending