The Student Room Group

T level in digital vs btec computing level 3

So everytime i get an inch closer to finally deciding what college and what course i want to do, i get kicked down again by a new obstacle. So i found a good level 3 btec course in blackburn college, a bit far from me but not too bad, so here i go thinking its all fine but then, a challenger appears in the place of these goddamned t levels are their vagueness.

So runshaw is a college a lot closer to me which a lot of my friends want to go to, also it has just decided it wants to try out the whole T level thing this september. So after reading through some of the modules your supposed to go to according to the specification document of pearson (which was damn hard to find btw), there seems like a lot of good modules on it overall. And if it lives up to what its hyping it could be better than the btec with the whole 45 days of work placement thingy. But then comes the big question of whether or not its worth the risk of trying it out and it turns out to be an unorganised mess because its the first time their running this course. So overall i'm completely bamboozled by this whole scenario and i'm in complete debate whether its worth taking this risk for a seemingly better course, when it might not be accepted by uni's or looked down on.

TL;DR: btec in IT is established already so colleges are used to teaching it and uni's already accept it overall - T level seems better overall, being run by a college i'd like to go too

Links if you care: https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/t-levels/digital-production-design-and-development.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK:Category%2FSpecification-and-sample-assessments
https://www.blackburn.ac.uk/course/level-three/computing-with-programming-games-development-cyber-security-level-3-extended-diploma/CN703D-Y1
Reply 1
I feel like i've lost many years off of my lifespan trying to work this damn stuff out
Did you decide on going to runshaw or Blackburn in the end?
My tutor has told me about these T levels, and he isn't impressed with the qualification, take that as you will.
But the heavily practical side of it might be beneficial in the long run.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending