Why don't the RSPCA rescue the animals in slaughter houses? Watch

TheAnxiousSloth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Animal abuse is illegal in the UK... so why is it okay for some animals to be tortured to death in slaughterhouses, just so Dave from Sheffield can eat a bacon sandwich? Why do charities like the RSPCA who claim to prevent animal cruelty and rescue them from abusive situations NOT intervene?
hipposhagger27
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So Dave can have his sandwich obviously?
Jin__
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
First of all the RSPCA don't have jurisdiction over farms or slaughter houses. Second of all these houses are extremely important for feeding our population as the overwhelming majority of people are omnivores so these are a sort of necessity for the time being. Also to my knowledge animals aren't being tortured but in cases where they are I truly sympathise with them and I hope those animals are free as the point of us eating meat without guilt is that we know that it was killed into the most painless way possible.
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't they make money from animals being murdered through their 'RSPCA assured' scheme?
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jin__)
Second of all these houses are extremely important for feeding our population as the overwhelming majority of people are omnivores so these are a sort of necessity for the time being.
They aren't a neccessity. If they didn't exist, all those omnivores could easily thrive on a plant based diet. Slaughterhouses just exist to separate people from their money.

(Original post by Jin__)
Also to my knowledge animals aren't being tortured but in cases where they are I truly sympathise with them
Animals are abused all the time in the animal agriculture industry. Watch some the undercover videos for yourself. I'd post some here but last time I did, when I linked a video of Geese that were being used to make Canada Goose and Moncler jackets being abused, the mods removed my post.
And animals don't need your sympathies. They need you to stop paying for them to be abused.
(Original post by Jin__)
the point of us eating meat without guilt is that we know that it was killed into the most painless way possible.
It wasn't though. It is killed in a way that maximises affordability and quickness whilst not being deemed to be too cruel. How painless and stress free do you think the gas chambers used to stun animals prior to slaughter are? What about having your throat cut open while you are fully conscious as in kosher and halal slaughter, or as in other slaughter methods when they go wrong as they so often do?
Last edited by awkwardshortguy; 4 weeks ago
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheAnxiousSloth)
Animal abuse is illegal in the UK... so why is it okay for some animals to be tortured to death in slaughterhouses, just so Dave from Sheffield can eat a bacon sandwich? Why do charities like the RSPCA who claim to prevent animal cruelty and rescue them from abusive situations NOT intervene?
You have got to be trolling 😂
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by poeruiod)
What makes you think that?
What exactly are they saying that is wrong?
The meat industry isn’t about torturing animals to death and mistreating them whilst alive.

It is a heavily regulated industry and any malpractice that is caught and brought forward to the authorities is dealt with.

The RSPCA deals with people abusing animals on purpose, people who refuse to get medical care for their animals, people who abandon their animals, people who don’t feed their animals, people who don’t keep their animals in appropriate conditions and lastly rehoming unwanted animals.

To even bring this up is the highest degree of stupidity.

The logic is if an animal dies it has been tortured to death rather than an extremely quick and unknowing death.

Most of these animals wouldn’t even exist was it not for that industry and those animals have had good care levels under our laws whilst they have been reared.

Lastly not continuing the meat industry would result in mass suffering of those living animals as they would become worthless to their owners, it’s basically the opposite of the campaign to have horse meat in the UK to give a base value to horses so they are better treated.
Last edited by paul514; 4 weeks ago
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TheAnxiousSloth)
Because religious slaughter is legal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (228)
67.66%
No (109)
32.34%

Watched Threads