john2019
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi I want to make an application for compelling personal reasons.

1) Do I send the documents via post? or via email?
2) What shall I include in my cover letter? I do not know how to write one. Can you send me an example of a cover letter?
3) Apart from the doctors documents, what else do I need to send? do I need to send something else?
4) If I send my documents during March am I going to have enough time to apply for the tuition fees loan? for the 2020/2021 academic year?
5) I am planning to send my documents during March (during the week of 9th to 16th of March). When am I going to receive your response!? and is it possible to apply for the tuition fees loan during June 2020? for the academic year of 2020/2021? or is it too late?
6) Do you have an email address that I can send my evidence? for the compelling personal reasons application!? or do I send my evidence via post?
SFE Chanel
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by john2019)
Hi I want to make an application for compelling personal reasons.

1) Do I send the documents via post? or via email?
2) What shall I include in my cover letter? I do not know how to write one. Can you send me an example of a cover letter?
3) Apart from the doctors documents, what else do I need to send? do I need to send something else?
4) If I send my documents during March am I going to have enough time to apply for the tuition fees loan? for the 2020/2021 academic year?
5) I am planning to send my documents during March (during the week of 9th to 16th of March). When am I going to receive your response!? and is it possible to apply for the tuition fees loan during June 2020? for the academic year of 2020/2021? or is it too late?
6) Do you have an email address that I can send my evidence? for the compelling personal reasons application!? or do I send my evidence via post?
Hi there,

In regards to Compelling Personal Reasons, you would send your evidence through the post.

In the letter you send it's important to make sure that it's signed and dated, confirms the reason you weren't able to continue with your studies and when this all took place.

We'd ask you to send in any evidence you feel supports your claim.

Our timescales change on a daily basis, but you should receive a response about the evidence you send within 6 weeks. Applications for the 20/21 academic year are expected to launch at the end of February and you can apply for funding before or after sending your evidence for Compelling Personal Reasons.

You would send your evidence to this address:

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Thanks,
Chanel
john2019
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Chanel)
Hi there,

In regards to Compelling Personal Reasons, you would send your evidence through the post.

In the letter you send it's important to make sure that it's signed and dated, confirms the reason you weren't able to continue with your studies and when this all took place.

We'd ask you to send in any evidence you feel supports your claim.

Our timescales change on a daily basis, but you should receive a response about the evidence you send within 6 weeks. Applications for the 20/21 academic year are expected to launch at the end of February and you can apply for funding before or after sending your evidence for Compelling Personal Reasons.

You would send your evidence to this address:

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Thanks,
Chanel
SFE Chanel and until when can I apply for a tuition fee loan? you said that the applications are expected to launch at the end of February. But when are they going to finish? Is it okay if I apply during June?

I am planning to send you the evidence during March, lets just say that it will take 2 weeks for you to receive it. That means that you will send me your answer during May, so can I apply for the tuition fee loan during June?
Last edited by john2019; 4 weeks ago
SFE Chanel
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by john2019)
SFE Chanel and until when can I apply for a tuition fee loan? you said that the applications are expected to launch at the end of February. But when are they going to finish? Is it okay if I apply during June?
You can apply for funding up to 9 months after the start of the academic year.

Thanks,
Chanel
john2019
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Chanel)
You can apply for funding up to 9 months after the start of the academic year.

Thanks,
Chanel
okay thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (313)
66.03%
No (161)
33.97%

Watched Threads