Does the mark scheme have the correct answer for definitions Watch

Student1237
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So for one of my subjects we did a Past paper in class and where I can I‘ve tried to use Mark schemes for definitions Anyway I wrote down the definition exactly as it’s written in the mark scheme. The teacher only gave me one mark for it and told me the mark scheme isn’t always correct and you can’t rely on an examiner marking according to the Mark scheme.
WTF!! I thought they had to follow the mark scheme and if a pupil gets what the mark scheme says is full marks then they have to give them 2 marks.

The reason she said it was wrong was because I used the wrong word for a basic term I think I said Tasks when the word she wanted was Jobs like “they have a series of tasks/jobs to complete” but a bit different to that.
So in the actual exam should I be worried that an examiner isn’t gonna use the mark scheme or Will I be fine answering to the Mark scheme. She spent 15 minutes literally screaming at us that we can’t be just answering to the mark schemes because that’s C standard not A/A* standard
wild_card_2005
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Student1237)
So for one of my subjects we did a Past paper in class and where I can I‘ve tried to use Mark schemes for definitions Anyway I wrote down the definition exactly as it’s written in the mark scheme. The teacher only gave me one mark for it and told me the mark scheme isn’t always correct and you can’t rely on an examiner marking according to the Mark scheme.
WTF!! I thought they had to follow the mark scheme and if a pupil gets what the mark scheme says is full marks then they have to give them 2 marks.

The reason she said it was wrong was because I used the wrong word for a basic term I think I said Tasks when the word she wanted was Jobs like “they have a series of tasks/jobs to complete” but a bit different to that.
So in the actual exam should I be worried that an examiner isn’t gonna use the mark scheme or Will I be fine answering to the Mark scheme. She spent 15 minutes literally screaming at us that we can’t be just answering to the mark schemes because that’s C standard not A/A* standard
Bro, your teacher is abs. right, if you are about Math and Science. Look at how other teachers solve problems. Markscheme is a ****, just get rid of it
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
LOL

no, this is complete bull****.

any examiner that doesn't mark according to the markscheme is completely inept and will eventually get caught out by non-candidate responses. they cannot withhold marks arbitrarily, and if you write exactly what the markscheme says (assuming you hit the relevant clarity/linkage marks for extended-answer questions), you will receive full marks. (or if this is an extended answer question with indicative points, the points that the markscheme suggests you cover) The markscheme is there for a reason. It's to mark candidate scripts against.

any errors in the markscheme would be caught before live scripts are marked.
Last edited by _gcx; 1 month ago
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by wild_card_2005)
Bro, your teacher is abs. right, if you are about Math and Science. Look at how other teachers solve problems. Markscheme is a ****, just get rid of it
This isn't true. Do not listen to your teacher if they straight up go against the markscheme. They are probably giving you bad advice that could waste a lot of time in the exam adding unnecessary detail. (or worse, lose you marks!)
wild_card_2005
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just wanna say that many teachers solve much more efficient and if you have a solution correct it doesn't matter wich way U used. Marscheme is not always efficient. I many times saw weight in ms instead of gravity force in Physics and in many cases weight is not equal to gravity force
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?