Can i afford my living and education (1 year) expenses by doing part-time job Watch
I got post graduation offer letter from university of strathclyde which is situated in Glasgow city. I am from Bangladesh which is a developing country and my family cannot bear my abroad cost. So, i have to pay everything by my own. my query is Can i afford my living and education (1 year) expenses by doing part-time job in Glasgow? please someone inform me with details
1. You have to show the uni you have the money beforehand before they issue a confirmation of acceptance to study.
2. You have to show the embassy you have sufficient funds to support yourself without recourse to public funds. You couldnt do that.
3. Student visas are limited to 20hrs a week work, which would affect studies in term time. You can work unlimited in the holidays. If you dont get a job then you are in a complete mess.
4. The min wage is £7.35 an hour, which without any deductions is £147 a week at max 20 hours and thats not guaranteed..
5. Rents are circa £100-150 a week. You would almost certainly need large deposit and to pay up front at least a terms worth plus £400 deposit.
6. Food c £25-35 a week- books and transport plus any social life or other costs.
Imo its impractical and you wouldnt be able to pass the tests of showing money and making payments up front. I highly doubt any degree is going to be worth that hassle. Look for cheaper countries or maybe do online? You can also look for bursaries and scholarships, but they are few and far between.
You could also try Chevening which offer postgrad for commonwealth students, but it is very competitive.