The Student Room Group

Retaking year, failed 1 module and have 2 to go

I'm currently retaking the failed modules of my course this year; and I've recieived the grade back from the one I sat this semester and got an even worse grade than the first time round - 33% over the 37% from last year.

I'm a lot more confident with passing the other two this time around and would consider the one out of the way to be my weakest class.

Providing that I do get the grades for the next two modules, will I be able to move on to next year? I'd really hate for the class I detest to end up landing me off of my course!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm currently retaking the failed modules of my course this year; and I've recieived the grade back from the one I sat this semester and got an even worse grade than the first time round - 33% over the 37% from last year.

I'm a lot more confident with passing the other two this time around and would consider the one out of the way to be my weakest class.

Providing that I do get the grades for the next two modules, will I be able to move on to next year? I'd really hate for the class I detest to end up landing me off of my course!

Depends on your uni.

The normal/ common procedure is

1. First sit
2. Resit capped at 40% unless ext circs.
3. Possible retake including lectures.

Depending on uni and course then you may be withdrawn if you fail stage 2 or 3.
As for carrying a failed module, then this will be in the uni rules on the website, some unis allow it others do not.
As you have already resat then I wouldnt be confident they will let you just resit in the summer.
Ask registry or look up the uni rules on the website about progression.

Quick Reply

Latest