self harm & teacher Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm in sixth form and I've been having a lot of help from my head of year, we had a meeting today and I mentioned that I've been using some apps on my phone a lot called 'clear fear' and 'calm harm' but when we were talking I think it might have come across that I'm currently self harming when I'm not. He briefly knows that it's a problem I've dealt with and I really want to talk to him about it because it's one of the main things I struggle with. I've asked to speak to him after school and I don't know how to start the conversation or have that conversation with him in general but I feel like it'll help me if I talk to him about because I've never spoken to anyone about it before. Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you trust him then the best approach is honesty.
You can tell him about the past and how you feel now.
They do have a duty of care and safeguarding but if you are not harming now then there’s no reason to worry
You could start by saying that he knows a little of what’s happened but that you’d like to talk more about it
Best wishes
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sammylou40)
If you trust him then the best approach is honesty.
You can tell him about the past and how you feel now.
They do have a duty of care and safeguarding but if you are not harming now then there’s no reason to worry
You could start by saying that he knows a little of what’s happened but that you’d like to talk more about it
Best wishes
thank you!
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
thank you!
You’re welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads