Jmosjsi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m a 19 year old girl, from a Hispanic background and I’ve always suffered from excessive hair, it makes it worse as it tends to be dark and not blonde. I don’t know whether to go to a gp for help, I’ve been before and they don’t really say anything as my periods are regular so they’re not willing to really test me for pcos or do any further tests. But it’s getting worse where I’m having pretty much a goatee that I’m having to remove pretty much every day, I also religiously use hair removal cream on my face to the point where I have gotten several chemical burns. It’s generally affecting me quite a lot and when I try to accept myself the way I am and that people don’t really care, they tend to finally point it out which means I’ve been right into thinking it just makes me unattractive. I’ve had ex boyfriends (kind of). Point it out when they’ve broken up with me and it’s really affecting my confidence to the point where I’ll do anything to remove it, even if it means causing chemical burns. Any advice for what to do regarding maybe going to the gp again? Or maybe a private doctor. Or anyone that’s suffered with the same problem?
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Can't help you with the medical side of it. But I'd suggest waxing as a short-term solution rather than using hair removal cream.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (48)
31.79%
No (77)
50.99%
Don't know (26)
17.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed