Post-GCSE Lads holiday Watch

scottcollins19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Planning on doing a Lads holiday, from the start of june for a week after GCSEs.
We all plan to drink somehow, so france or turkey would probably be the best bet for laws.
We have looked at Alicante and are happy with that but are unsure about the legislation.
There are 5x16 year olds, and a 15 y/o.
Anyone know the best, affordable places to go on holiday?
Would want to be somewhere nice and sunny if possible; access to the beach and town; access to supermarkets; not a ****hole.
Thanks for reading
ella1902
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you’re wanting to drink countries like Belgium allow the purchase of ciders and beers at 16, I went there at 16 and it was very nice. You will likely have trouble finding accommodation with the 15 year old. Most hotels don’t take people under 18 but hostels do and you can find hostels which are basically like hotels. I’m unsure if hostels take people under 16 without an adult though
scottcollins19
Rep:
?
(Original post by ella1902)
If you’re wanting to drink countries like Belgium allow the purchase of ciders and beers at 16, I went there at 16 and it was very nice. You will likely have trouble finding accommodation with the 15 year old. Most hotels don’t take people under 18 but hostels do and you can find hostels which are basically like hotels. I’m unsure if hostels take people under 16 without an adult though
Was thinking maybe an AirBnB?
ella1902
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by scottcollins19)
Was thinking maybe an AirBnB?
Have to be over 18 to book a place with them, they check verification
scottcollins19
Rep:
?
Have to be over 18 to book a place with them, they check verification
Could I just get a parent to book it then?
ella1902
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by scottcollins19)
Could I just get a parent to book it then?
Third party bookings aren’t allowed, and anyone hosting for people under 18 arent eligible to any claims or insurance through the company if there’s damages. Therefore they aren’t going to accept your request as it could potentially be very risky for them.
hannychica
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Many independent hostels won’t accept guests under 18, especially if they are party hostels with on site bars.
ella1902
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hannychica)
Many independent hostels won’t accept guests under 18, especially if they are party hostels with on site bars.
Maybe not all but in most tourist cities you’ll be able to find a couple youth hostels which allow 16+
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads