Type 1 Diabetic Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m 18 & type 1 Diabetic & I had a hypo last night, it wasn’t a bad one so i controlled it myself. My dad had a go at me saying it shouldn’t be going low, I explained that that day I had been to the gym abit later than I’d usually go so that’s what I thought caused the hypo. He’s type 1 himself so I don’t understand how he’s saying my blood shouldn’t be going low when it’s just one of those things, it happens sometimes no matter how well your diabetes is controlled. Where can I find the support as I clearly have none at home & diabetes is a hard daily battle.
Thankyou
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you got any leaflets that your dad could read? Or could he go with you to any appointments where things like this could be discussed? For yourself, have a look at this website; if you scroll down they've got means to contact support groups:

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/
paub
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
you do need to be more careful. exercise will raise then crash your bg levels. try adjusting your dosing so your running a little higher before exercise. im type 2 but insulin controlled exercise causes me a clear spike then a reactive crash. maybe have a chat with your dn
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.39%
No (241)
33.61%

Watched Threads