Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have passed my theory test yesturday afternoon so I am going to be looking at my practical soon. My driving instructor wants to a intensive course to make a better chance Ill pass my pratical and I want to pass it because driving is a skill most people need for the future the thing is s few months ago I got a letter home warning me of my my attendance at college that I could get kicked out if my attendance doesnt improve. At the time I hadnt passed my theory but my instructor was saying when I pass it he will do a 5 day crash course before the test so I was just going to skip college for that until ive got the letter but when I got it I spoke to my tutor about the crash course then she was saying Ill probably get kicked out if I dont go college so she was being a bit of a **** anyway she ended up saying would you rather stay in college and ditch the driving or get kicked out of clege then do the 5 day course Im thinking ditch college. I dont like college apart from my mates there, I cant stand the teachers, today we were discussing heights then I was saying im "5 foot something" then the teacher claimed I said I dont give 5 ****s then I got sent to the boss, another thing happned yesturday when I was just checking my watch but no she gave me warning so I dont really like college plus I can probably get a job with my licence if I pass. If I just ditch drivng im screwed because getting the bus about just sucks, I have just always wanted to drive, my future is screwed without my driving licence. Ive put in literally tones of effort to pass my theory then did 3rd time and same with the pratical so I dont know why id chuck it away for these stupid teachers who I dont like. I could try and do the holidays but what if my instructors not free or the tests are only avalible during term time. Im thinking let college kick me off but im just seeing what people on here think. Also what if I drop my driving then college could kick me off for other reasons. So if I just ditch the driving then college kick me out Im proper screwed.

So what do people on here think, driving or college?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
College, the instructor was just advising you, don't ruin your life intestine driving courses are just more compact lessons not many people retain the skills over the full course of lessons an it depend on your learning style I took 7 months with about 2.5 months of breaks
shnac99
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Seems like you’ve made your decision. Tbh if your staying in college are you even gonna pass bc it would be a waste to stay in college and then fail like bam now you’ve lost 2 things. Also, what course is it at college does it have progression or is it just one that you could do the same job after without the college course.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
College, the instructor was just advising you, don't ruin your life intestine driving courses are just more compact lessons not many people retain the skills over the full course of lessons an it depend on your learning style I took 7 months with about 2.5 months of breaks
But it could ruin my life if I choose college over driving as well because Ill be limited on traveling and it a qualifition less. I think thats what my instructor thinks the crash course is whats best for me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by shnac99)
Seems like you’ve made your decision. Tbh if your staying in college are you even gonna pass bc it would be a waste to stay in college and then fail like bam now you’ve lost 2 things. Also, what course is it at college does it have progression or is it just one that you could do the same job after without the college course.
Im retaking my gcses at college but if I fail I can just try again and think of other ways I can pass
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Your driving instructor is making your life worse by going for a method that's better for them, your worse off without college
Lyndsey.95
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
College but it's your choice.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Lyndsey.95)
College but it's your choice.
Ok
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I would absolutely prioritise college over passing your practical test. You can pass the test at any time, you can even wait until the holidays or next half term if you only need a week to do the intensive course. Plus there's no guarantee you'll pass first time, meaning you'll have to spend even more time out of college taking more lessons and waiting to re-book in another test. There's also no guarantee you'll be able to to find a job just because you'll be driving by then, if it's a job that requires you to have a license I'm fairly sure they'll want someone with at least a bit of experience and most jobs need you to have your GCSEs as the bare minimum. Obviously no one can force you to do anything but I would really look at the long-term impacts of your choice before deciding on anything.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
I have passed my theory test yesturday afternoon so I am going to be looking at my practical soon. My driving instructor wants to a intensive course to make a better chance Ill pass my pratical and I want to pass it because driving is a skill most people need for the future the thing is s few months ago I got a letter home warning me of my my attendance at college that I could get kicked out if my attendance doesnt improve. At the time I hadnt passed my theory but my instructor was saying when I pass it he will do a 5 day crash course before the test so I was just going to skip college for that until ive got the letter but when I got it I spoke to my tutor about the crash course then she was saying Ill probably get kicked out if I dont go college so she was being a bit of a **** anyway she ended up saying would you rather stay in college and ditch the driving or get kicked out of clege then do the 5 day course Im thinking ditch college. I dont like college apart from my mates there, I cant stand the teachers, today we were discussing heights then I was saying im "5 foot something" then the teacher claimed I said I dont give 5 ****s then I got sent to the boss, another thing happned yesturday when I was just checking my watch but no she gave me warning so I dont really like college plus I can probably get a job with my licence if I pass. If I just ditch drivng im screwed because getting the bus about just sucks, I have just always wanted to drive, my future is screwed without my driving licence. Ive put in literally tones of effort to pass my theory then did 3rd time and same with the pratical so I dont know why id chuck it away for these stupid teachers who I dont like. I could try and do the holidays but what if my instructors not free or the tests are only avalible during term time. Im thinking let college kick me off but im just seeing what people on here think. Also what if I drop my driving then college could kick me off for other reasons. So if I just ditch the driving then college kick me out Im proper screwed.

So what do people on here think, driving or college?
Given that there is no NEED for you to take time off college to do your driving lessons / driving test I don’t understand why you would even consider trying to? Of course they wouldn’t be happy with you taking so much time off for something non-urgent.

The majority of people take their driving lessons around work or school commitments (eg at the end of the day or at the weekend)

If you’re desperate to do the week’s crash course then just book it during a holiday period?? Again, this is generally what everyone else has to do.

Personally I would look at how this decision will reflect on you in future: eg job interview?

Employer: oh so you quit college for driving lessons ... okay ... 1. Why didn’t you just take the lessons outside of college hours? And 2. what can you do to assure us that you won’t quit your job if we refuse to give you the week off to do something you want to do??

At the end of the day it’s your decision but it seems to me that it’s a lot to throw away unnecessarily - when you could do both!
Anonymous #1
Given that there is no NEED for you to take time off college to do your driving lessons / driving test I don’t understand why you would even consider trying to? Of course they wouldn’t be happy with you taking so much time off for something non-urgent.

The majority of people take their driving lessons around work or school commitments (eg at the end of the day or at the weekend)

If you’re desperate to do the week’s crash course then just book it during a holiday period?? Again, this is generally what everyone else has to do.

Personally I would look at how this decision will reflect on you in future: eg job interview?

Employer: oh so you quit college for driving lessons ... okay ... 1. Why didn’t you just take the lessons outside of college hours? And 2. what can you do to assure us that you won’t quit your job if we refuse to give you the week off to do something you want to do??

At the end of the day it’s your decision but it seems to me that it’s a lot to throw away unnecessarily - when you could do both!
It is pretty urgent to pass my test
Anonymous #4
Report 3 weeks ago
i did my theory and driving lessons while i was at college. I passed both during exams and everything else at that time. Your driving instructor was recommending you not telling you that you have to do it. College is an important aspect to your life. Not driving. You can do driving in the term holidays if its a 5 day crash course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (172)
66.93%
No (85)
33.07%

Watched Threads