Can I change university after doing a foundation degree Watch

Breakfatsattifs
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For example if I’m doing an extended degree in geography at westminister university. once I finish the year 0 of that foundation degree could I change to another uni or is the extended different to the foundation year?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Breakfatsattifs)
For example if I’m doing an extended degree in geography at westminister university. once I finish the year 0 of that foundation degree could I change to another uni or is the extended different to the foundation year?
A foundation YEAR is not the same as a foundation DEGREE.
A foundation YEAR is a year 0, taken before continuing on to the standard year 1 of a degree.
A foundation DEGREE is a 2 year course that is equivalent to the first 2 years of a 3 yr degree (or an HND/DipHE). It is a qualification in it's own right and it is often possible to "top up" with a 3rd year to get a full degree in 3 years.

If you have questions about whether the extra year at Westminster is acceptable for entry to other degrees then you need to approach those other universities and ask them (and/or ask Westminster if this is something that their students commonly do and that they will offer support with).
Transferring after a foundation year is quite common but it involves putting together a completely new UCAS application including a reference from your current university. If you have student loans/funding then a transfer of this type would be considered to use up your "gift" year of funding - so any later failure/repeat years would not be funded.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?