Reply 20
Original post by mqb2766
Sounds like a bad (good) Father Ted episode
https://twitter.com/father_ted_/status/405130484243390464

Haha that pic doesn't look great out of context :lol:
Original post by Sir Cumference
Haha that pic doesn't look great out of context :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zkL91LzCMc

... think that was the joke ... doesn't really look good in context ...
Original post by CTLeafez
While their execution of racially discriminating against the Chinese isn’t great, I don’t blame them for wanting to not get infected and subsequently die...

I’d potentially support halting travel out of China to the UK until we have control over what’s going on. People’s lives take priority over holiday plans.

Hard to tell what exactly is on the board in the first place. It might be something rejecting people that were recently in China. The source is the Chines state, which is like believing the Soviets or North Koreans ... :biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by mqb2766
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zkL91LzCMc

... think that was the joke ... doesn't really look good in context ...

My favourite comedy of all time - Ardal O'Hanlon is a genius
Reply 24
I wish that small-business owners in the UK had these kind of rights.
Original post by Astraa
I wish that small-business owners in the UK had these kind of rights.

Shop keepers are allowed to refuse entry
For example, they can insist that no more than two school kids are allowed at any one time. Not all school kids steal.
It’s not unreasonable either to refuse entry to someone who may be carrying a virus
Original post by Sammylou40
It’s not unreasonable either to refuse entry to someone who may be carrying a virus

I'm hoping that same logic applies to me not stopping my car :rolleyes:
Original post by StriderHort
I'm hoping that same logic applies to me not stopping my car :rolleyes:

PRSOM

World health experts are about to declare corona virus a global emergency.
I’m about to copy that sign and plaster it everywhere!!
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Many more people die of the common cold every day. And the city is not quarantined lol.

To stir up hatred of an entire billion strong race just because 9 of them die from the common cold would be very strange?

People that die of a common cold are usually in countries with inadequate healthcare systems. This is a country which has a fairly decent healthcare; I'm not saying its gonna be the next plague or whatever but who knows.
Original post by Carboxylic
; I'm not saying its gonna be the next plague or whatever but who knows.

Health experts are about to declare a global emergency
Health experts are about to declare a global emergency

They did the same with ebola. It's purely to contain it because if it does spread it will wipe out a lot of people, just like ebola.
Original post by Carboxylic
They did the same with ebola. It's purely to contain it because if it does spread it will wipe out a lot of people, just like ebola.

That’s right. I’m agreeing with you. This is new and we have no idea what will happen
Many more people die of the common cold every day. And the city is not quarantined lol.

To stir up hatred of an entire billion strong race just because 9 of them die from the common cold would be very strange?

He just doesn't want to be affected. It is his store so he's in control.
That’s right. I’m agreeing with you. This is new and we have no idea what will happen

Yep, all we can do is hope for the best.
Shop keepers are allowed to refuse entry
For example, they can insist that no more than two school kids are allowed at any one time. Not all school kids steal.

They cant do it on any basis which contravenes the equality act or protected characteristics though.
Reply 35
You are aware this site is based in the UK right? Not China. And as such most users couldnt give a rats ass about these sorts of non-stories...
Original post by Sir Cumference
Are the Chinese not racist then?

I love how the OP completely ignores this post. :rofl:
Original post by Napp
You are aware this site is based in the UK right? Not China. And as such most users couldnt give a rats ass about these sorts of non-stories...

He just wants his precious social credit scores.

The basis is the fearmongering over a new small virus that has infected a handful of people in China and abroad.

The small virus has now killed 17, a city of 11 million people is in 'lockdown'.

"The authorities have suspended outbound planes and trains into the city, as well as buses, subways and ferries.

Residents have been told not to leave the city of 11 million people. Voicing fear about food shortages, one said it felt like "the end of the world"."

The end of the world is a phrase frequently associated with 'small' viruses :rolleyes:
The basis is the fearmongering over a new small virus that has infected a handful of people in China and abroad.

Original post by Drewski
The small virus has now killed 17, a city of 11 million people is in 'lockdown'.

"The authorities have suspended outbound planes and trains into the city, as well as buses, subways and ferries.

Residents have been told not to leave the city of 11 million people. Voicing fear about food shortages, one said it felt like "the end of the world"."

The end of the world is a phrase frequently associated with 'small' viruses :rolleyes:

A second city is now on lockdown.

18 million people now can't leave their houses.

One doctor in the city said: "The virus is now spreading at an alarming rate."

What say you, penguin? Still small?
Original post by Drewski
A second city is now on lockdown.

18 million people now can't leave their houses.

One doctor in the city said: "The virus is now spreading at an alarming rate."

What say you, penguin? Still small?

People are allowed to leave their houses, just not the cities.

Only a tiny fraction of those 18 million people are infected. This move is just a precaution, perhaps even an over-reaction.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending