BashfulBlueGal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
This is not for me, but this is for my boyfriend.

He’s 21 years old and has decent GCSEs. He did AS levels in Drama, Creative writing and sociology, however he dropped out of sociology. He did a level 2 qualification in performing arts with a pass, then left to try and get a job. However, he only managed to get a temporary job at Tesco’s, he worked for about two years at a theme park as an attractions worker. He mostly cleaned slides. He eventually left for reasons I can’t say, then didn’t have a job for about 6 months. He managed to get a temporary job at Tiger, but it didn’t last long.

It’s getting to him and he’s actually a smart guy, but he struggles with determination. I suggested to him that maybe an apprenticeship would be good for him. He’ll get a job and earn a qualification, which I think at this point in his life is a good idea. He mainly wants to work at the NHS, as they’re offering apprenticeships, but he’s not getting any replies, which is putting him down. He also doesn’t want to go back to college. Is there any suggestions that would help him? Any advice is much appreciated
skystudent
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by BashfulBlueGal)

He’s 21 years old and has decent GCSEs. He did AS levels in Drama, Creative writing and sociology, however he dropped out of sociology. He did a level 2 qualification in performing arts with a pass, then left to try and get a job. However, he only managed to get a temporary job at Tesco’s, he worked for about two years at a theme park as an attractions worker. He mostly cleaned slides. He eventually left for reasons I can’t say, then didn’t have a job for about 6 months. He managed to get a temporary job at Tiger, but it didn’t last long.

It’s getting to him and he’s actually a smart guy, but he struggles with determination. I suggested to him that maybe an apprenticeship would be good for him. He’ll get a job and earn a qualification, which I think at this point in his life is a good idea. He mainly wants to work at the NHS, as they’re offering apprenticeships, but he’s not getting any replies, which is putting him down. He also doesn’t want to go back to college. Is there any suggestions that would help him? Any advice is much appreciated
with all due respect employers want someone thats attractive to their workforce, unfortunately he needs experience at least in nhs areas to be able to have a better chance then he has now. or else he needs to meet the required grades or ucas points by doing more studying to get there, so if he's not determined enough im afraid he doesnt want it as badly as you sound its up to him to find the motivation and do whatever it takes as lifes not gonna wait around for no one i would rather study another 3 or 4 years then waste the rest of my life working at tescos or somewhere else
BashfulBlueGal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by skystudent)
with all due respect employers want someone thats attractive to their workforce, unfortunately he needs experience at least in nhs areas to be able to have a better chance then he has now. or else he needs to meet the required grades or ucas points by doing more studying to get there, so if he's not determined enough im afraid he doesnt want it as badly as you sound its up to him to find the motivation and do whatever it takes as lifes not gonna wait around for no one i would rather study another 3 or 4 years then waste the rest of my life working at tescos or somewhere else
Thank you, you’re absolutely right. I’m really trying to help him with determination, since that is the one thing that he fails with, he’s doing better, but it’s still not enough at the moment.
RAF_Adam
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by BashfulBlueGal)

Hi

He could have a look here? Just a thought! :-)

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/apprenticeships

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (48)
31.79%
No (77)
50.99%
Don't know (26)
17.22%

Watched Threads