South Korea discharge soldier who had sex change operation Watch

AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Such a progressive country (sarcasm).

Should we sanction such a country for not respecting LGBT rights?

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-...er-who-had-sex
Johnny Tightlips
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-...er-who-had-sex
If we sanctioned every country that wasn't as progressive as us we would go bankrupt.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-asia/article/3047171/south-korea-army-discharge-transgender-soldier-who-had-sex
Because as we know China is a shining beacon on human and LGBT rights?

can you try to hide your personal loyalties any worse - dont know whether you're a legit spy or just your Chinese heritage/DNA...

Last edited by BlueIndigoViolet; 4 weeks ago
AngeryPenguin
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
Because as we know China is a shining beacon on human and LGBT rights? can you try to hide your personal loyalties any better?
I did not mention China. The attitude of South Korea is of grave concern to the UK because South Korea is seen as an ally of the UK and NATO.
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I did not mention China. The attitude of South Korea is of grave concern to the UK because South Korea is seen as an ally of the UK and NATO.
should we sanction China too for their flagrant human rights abuses and against LGBT people or are you selective in the countries you target? and the US for not allowing transgenders in the military...

SK is a hell of a lot better in terms of rights that China despite your *sarcasm*
AngeryPenguin
should we sanction China too for their flagrant human rights abuses and against LGBT people? and the US for not allowing transgenders in the military...

SK is a hell of a lot better in terms of rights that China despite your *sarcasm*
Why are you obsessed with attacking China? This is most confusing. And yes we should sanction the US - being a global warmonger is enough of a reason!
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The attitude of South Korea is of grave concern to the UK.
No it isn't
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why are you obsessed with attacking China? This is most confusing. And yes we should sanction the US - being a global warmonger is enough of a reason!
"most confusing" lol

and China is a peacemaker? Interested why you picked up on the US and not China.

When does the monthly cheque come in from Beijing or is it just voluntary based on your personal loyalties.

Do you condemn China as well for their LGBT rights and human rights abuses especially against the Uighurs? or does the above help ease your conscience.
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank God, no one listens to your advice. You are honestly the most baffling person on this site, defending China including feigning ignorance on crimes but attacking the US. It’s like you want to be seen as a hypocrite.
AngeryPenguin
"most confusing" lol

and China is a peacemaker? Interested why you picked up on the US and not China.

When does the monthly cheque come in from Beijing or is it just voluntary based on your personal loyalties.

Do you condemn China as well for their LGBT rights and human rights abuses especially against the Uighurs? or does the above help ease your conscience.
(Original post by Red Rose Leftist)
Thank God, no one listens to your advice. You are honestly the most baffling person on this site, defending China including feigning ignorance on crimes but attacking the US. It’s like you want to be seen as a hypocrite.
This article is about South Korea lol. Why are you so angry that it has been criticized? K-Pop?
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This article is about South Korea lol. Why are you so angry that it has been criticized? K-Pop?
was saying you leaped on the chance to criticise the USA, but refuse to condemn anything China does... hypocrisy is thy name

SK, Japan, and the Republic of China are far more progressive countries and in human rights compared to China.

Your personal loyalties to China has been clear to everyone here, and blind you and your conscience into defending everything that the "great, progressive, beacon of nation" does lol
AngeryPenguin
Your personal loyalties to China has been clear to everyone here
I have no personal connection to China. I am just confused why I am being forced to defend it. This thread is about South Korea - please stick to the topic.
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have no personal connection to China. I am just confused why I am being forced to defend it. This thread is about South Korea - please stick to the topic.
aw bless - you're still trying

"no connection" - I find that as likely as the chance China has a legitimate claim to the entire South China Sea.

your selecting the parts of my post which are easy to defend - I mentioned both the USA and China, you jumped on the US but refuse to do the same to China on any topic, - hypocrisy, pure and distilled.

Any criticism or shortcoming of China on any thread, you ignore or fervourly defend against criticism, but leap on the chance to criticise countries like the USA, Japan, South Korea, the Republic of China, who afford far more rights to their citizens.

And I'm sure you see the vast consensus takes this position on your views about China for good reason across TSR - maybe try and make it less obvious next time
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have no personal connection to China.
:rofl3::rofl2::rofl3::rofl2::rofl3::rofl2:
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not sure what that has to do with transsexuals? Especially given most of our allies (note all of Asia, the ME and Africa) dont take an overly positive view of them or gays.
ibyghee
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
LOL the source says, his/her name was withheld, then proceeds to say his/her name in the article.
princetonalec
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Not sure what that has to do with transsexuals? Especially given most of our allies (note all of Asia, the ME and Africa) dont take an overly positive view of them or gays.
Honestly! Its like hi, transsexual here, literally doesn't bother me. Why should we sanction South Korea for not being progressive enough to send trans people to war zones.
We have much bigger things to worry about, not only as a global community but even the trans community. No one made a huge fuss when trans people were banned from the US military because thats kinda the least of our concerns at the moment.
OP (penguin) is just a performative liberal of the highest degree, acting like South Korea is doing something unforgiveable when literally no trans person cares.
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
how about mind you own business?
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ibyghee)
LOL the source says, his/her name was withheld, then proceeds to say his/her name in the article.
could be a fake name they used
williamho
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
why does people always like to drag China into the equation ?

if people have read the question. it is South Korea.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed