Too many cups of tea a waste of energy? Watch

karelina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
It's not necessary for me to have so many cups of tea a day and I think it's a waste of energy. Should I cut down using the kettle to once or twice a day? Or even only have tea when I'm boiling water for something else? Isn't it a bit indulgent to use the kettle for a little cup of tea?
sensay02
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by karelina)
It's not necessary for me to have so many cups of tea a day and I think it's a waste of energy. Should I cut down using the kettle to once or twice a day? Or even only have tea when I'm boiling water for something else? Isn't it a bit indulgent to use the kettle for a little cup of tea?
well at least you are staying hydrated and saving the environment simultaneously than its fine. LOL
upcollins
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What do you mean by 'waste of energy'?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The amount of electricity required to boil a kettle is pretty negligible. That said, if you do really want to reduce that, you can always get a teapot with tea cozy, and just make a whole pot of tea. With the cozy it should stay warmer for longer, so each boiled kettle translates to multiple cups of tea.

But it really is going to be a tiny amount of energy - convincing the general populace that individual energy consumption is damaging the environment compared to the energy used and carbon released by the energy sector is the second greatest lie the energy sector managed to peddle (after the climate denialism of course).
Last edited by artful_lounger; 4 weeks ago
karelina
Rep:
?
(Original post by upcollins)
What do you mean by 'waste of energy'?
Like keeping lights on in rooms you're not in. Just a lazy excessive indulgence, the energy could be better used on other things. I have boiled the kettle 5 times or more in one day, I think I should keep it at 2-3 times so as not to exceed a reasonable energy consumption.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by karelina)
Like keeping lights on in rooms you're not in. Just a lazy excessive indulgence, the energy could be better used on other things. I have boiled the kettle 5 times or more in one day, I think I should keep it at 2-3 times so as not to exceed a reasonable energy consumption.
If it bothers you that much, you could always boil the kettle once and make a big flask of tea for the day
karelina
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
If it bothers you that much, you could always boil the kettle once and make a big flask of tea for the day
Nice idea, I have a flask so I will try it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads