How do I feel better about myself? Watch

banana slice
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
hey guys! so I'm 18 and I've been feeling like garbage lately, I got acne, acne marks, low self-esteem,and I can't look at myself in the mirror without thinking and feeling like garbage, I feel ugly, empty, and very ugly. I used to be beautiful and confident, but it change when I got acne, I also used to have a very comfortable life but now, everything is falling apart, my mom is sick, and we are becoming poor, can't even buy a new shirt, my friends seems to leave me alone, my boyfriend is not spending that much time with me because of his schedule, but he makes a way to make me happy. I just feel like everything is falling apart, I really need to let this out because if not, I might just give up on life, I really want to be happy about myself again.
Last edited by banana slice; 3 weeks ago
Secretariat123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by banana slice)
hey guys! so I'm 18 and I've been feeling like garbage lately, I got acne, acne marks, low self-esteem,and I can't look at myself in the mirror without thinking and feeling like garbage, I feel ugly, empty, and very ugly. I used to be beautiful and confident, but it change when I got acne, I also used to have a very comfortable life but now, everything is falling apart, my mom is sick, and we are becoming poor, can't even buy a new shirt, my friends seems to leave me alone, my boyfriend is not spending that much time with me because of his schedule, but he makes a way to make me happy. I just feel like everything is falling apart, I really need to let this out because if not, I might just give up on life, I really want to be happy about myself again.
Hey...Life sucks, as you get older you will realise it more and more. You are not ugly, acne is completley normal and goes with time. You shouldn't give up or try something drastic to make yourself happy again. Go about it slowly slowly, see maybe you can get a part time job to improve household income? Things like that will give you money to spend and can be a gateway to a more comfortable life and happinness...
banana slice
Rep:
?
(Original post by Secretariat123)
Hey...Life sucks, as you get older you will realise it more and more. You are not ugly, acne is completley normal and goes with time. You shouldn't give up or try something drastic to make yourself happy again. Go about it slowly slowly, see maybe you can get a part time job to improve household income? Things like that will give you money to spend and can be a gateway to a more comfortable life and happinness...
thank you, it really means a lot to find advice from strangers who care, may God bless you
littlepolish
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey!
It must be hard when your life suddenly changes and you feel like the world is going against you - I've felt that on many occasions. It degrades our mental health too. When negative thing happens, all of sudden everything else seems to be falling apart. Remember, acne doesn't make you any less beautiful nor does your wealth. I would advice applying for a part time job if possible and talking with your friends / boyfriend. It may seem they're straying away from you, but it might just be your mindset and the pessimistic way you view the world at the moment. Also, maybe try some self esteem exercises. I know that may sound silly, but everyday telling yourself one little thing you like about yourself, or writing inspirational quotes on sticky notes and placing them on your mirror. I tried these and personally, it worked. Throughout all this, remember that you're human, you will experience downfalls in life. Try changing your perspective of the world, stand strong and know that these feelings won't last forever. you got this!
banana slice
Rep:
?
(Original post by littlepolish)
Hey!
It must be hard when your life suddenly changes and you feel like the world is going against you - I've felt that on many occasions. It degrades our mental health too. When negative thing happens, all of sudden everything else seems to be falling apart. Remember, acne doesn't make you any less beautiful nor does your wealth. I would advice applying for a part time job if possible and talking with your friends / boyfriend. It may seem they're straying away from you, but it might just be your mindset and the pessimistic way you view the world at the moment. Also, maybe try some self esteem exercises. I know that may sound silly, but everyday telling yourself one little thing you like about yourself, or writing inspirational quotes on sticky notes and placing them on your mirror. I tried these and personally, it worked. Throughout all this, remember that you're human, you will experience downfalls in life. Try changing your perspective of the world, stand strong and know that these feelings won't last forever. you got this!
Thank you so much, you have no idea how much it made me feel better to hear this from a total stranger, I just want to say that you've made me realize that no matter what happens I'm still good enough after all, you just saved my life, and I'm so glad there are still people like you, it might not be much to you but you've made me feel a little better by sharing and caring, I hope you realize that you too are an amazing person! God bless you :')
Last edited by banana slice; 3 weeks ago
littlepolish
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much, you have no idea how much it made me feel better to hear this from a total stranger, I just want to say that you've made me realize that no matter what happens I'm still good enough after all, you just saved my life, and I'm so glad there are still people like you, it might not be much to you but you've made me feel a little better by sharing and caring, I hope you realize that you too are an amazing person! God bless you :')
It means a lot to know that thank you, you've made my day ! And if you ever need anymore help or just a friend to chat to, message me anytime!
banana slice
Rep:
?
(Original post by littlepolish)
It means a lot to know that thank you, you've made my day ! And if you ever need anymore help or just a friend to chat to, message me anytime!
💖😭
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (225)
67.57%
No (108)
32.43%

Watched Threads