Eating disorders/ disordered eatings Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
TW ED
Spoiler:
Show
<div>People all over the world, both in developed and poor nations are starving. Someone in their endeavour to be "perfect" deliberately wasting and refusing to eat food when the option is available to them just doesn't sit well with me. <br></div><div><br></div><div>As someone with disordered eating habits (Reason: to get skinner for a shallow aesthetic reason. To be accepted.) i wouldn’t feel sorry for myself if I were to be sick in a hospital. Honestly, it’s my fault (whether I have a mental health issue or not, I could’ve got help if I took life seriously). I know sometimes eating disorders are triggered by traumatic life events but if I really did care about my health, shouldn't I get help even if it was hard? (a good question to myself to answer too) <br></div><div><br></div><div>I don’t mean to be unsympathetic towards me and others with eating disorders or disordered eating, I just think at the end of the day, it’s my fault... :/<br></div><div><br></div><div>But we move</div>
Last edited by Deyesy; 4 weeks ago
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Having a mental health problem is NEVER the fault of the sufferer.
You are wrong
You are CHOOSING to restrict, you acknowledge that. Therefore you probably don’t have an eating disorder
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Wish it was that easy to just think of people starving. That just makes me feel worse. When I was a kid my parents used to berate me about this all the time (I've had an ED since I was 5 or so) - it made me hoard food to give to people, rather than to eat myself because I felt undeserving of life. I don't choose to be this way. It just is what it is. There's a reason why EDs have such high mortality rates, they are way more complex than people think they are.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I think it goes a bit deeper than "shallow aesthetic reason". People can have these mental health issue because somehow in this world we equate skinny= beautiful = being liked= more likely or will get love. So if "i am skinny enough, more people will like me and want to be around me" is an example of the thoughts that can go through someone`s head.

I mean, im sorry but look at love island and how the girl/guy who doesnt fit that beauty ideal is snubbed

Im not saying feel sorry for your self or others, but rather acknowledge that it is a problem (that is entirely not your fault) and do what you need to do to fix it.

Hope this helps!

(Original post by Anonymous)
TW ED
Spoiler:
Show
<div>People all over the world, both in developed and poor nations are starving. Someone in their endeavour to be "perfect" deliberately wasting and refusing to eat food when the option is available to them just doesn't sit well with me. <br></div><div><br></div><div>As someone with disordered eating habits (Reason: to get skinner for a shallow aesthetic reason. To be accepted.) i wouldn’t feel sorry for myself if I were to be sick in a hospital. Honestly, it’s my fault (whether I have a mental health issue or not, I could’ve got help if I took life seriously). I know sometimes eating disorders are triggered by traumatic life events but if I really did care about my health, shouldn't I get help even if it was hard? (a good question to myself to answer too) <br></div><div><br></div><div>I don’t mean to be unsympathetic towards me and others with eating disorders or disordered eating, I just think at the end of the day, it’s my fault... :/<br></div><div><br></div><div>But we move</div>
I think it goes a bit deeper than "shallow aesthetic reason". People can have these mental health issue because somehow in this world we equate skinny= beautiful = being liked= more likely or will get love. So if "i am skinny enough, more people will like me and want to be around me" is an example of the thoughts that can go through someone`s head.

I mean, im sorry but look at love island and how the girl/guy who doesnt fit that beauty ideal always end up being snubbed or not even given a chance!

Im not saying feel sorry for your self or others, but rather acknowledge that it is a problem (that is entirely not your fault) and do what you need to do to fix it.

Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
61.02%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.9%
No- I want it (120)
26.73%
No- I don't want it (33)
7.35%

Watched Threads