This discussion is closed.
TSR_20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am gonna make cottage pie for my main meal, but I need to adapt it. Im doing Food Tech NEA2
Snagglepup
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Dunno, turnip instead of potato?
sushi_tree12
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
A bit late but, if you're trying to make an altered dish here's a beef bourguignon cottage pie recipe:https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...cottage-piethe skills for cottage pie are generally classed as high(if there are no ready made ingredients) so you don't need to worry if your other dishes are high skill. Idk what exam board ur doing so I put both below This is the WJEC dish 'stats':Meat sauce:Knife skills – neat and small dicing of vegetables,crushing garlicSautéing, simmeringPotato topping:Knife skills – peeling and dicing potatoesSimmeringMashing – achieving a lump free and well seasoned mashPiping potatoEven baking – good finished colour and goodratio of meat and potato layersand this is the AQA 'stats':ComplexCottage pie: preparing fresh potato, filling, piping, gratin topping.
sushi_tree12
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
A bit late but, if you're trying to make an altered dish here's a beef bourguignon cottage pie recipe:https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...cottage-pie .
the skills for cottage pie are generally classed as high(if there are no ready made ingredients) so you don't need to worry if your other dishes are high skill.Idk what exam board ur doing so I put both below
This is the WJEC dish 'stats':
Meat sauce:Knife skills – neat and small dicing of vegetables, crushing garlic, Sautéing, simmering
Potato topping:Knife skills – peeling and dicing potatoes, Simmering, Mashing – achieving a lump free and well seasoned mash,Piping potato,Even baking – good finished colour and good ratio of meat and potato layers
and this is the AQA 'stats':ComplexCottage pie: preparing fresh potato, filling, piping, gratin topping.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (45)
5.89%
Uncertainty around my education (88)
11.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (80)
10.47%
Lack of purpose or motivation (98)
12.83%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (40)
5.24%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (43)
5.63%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (83)
10.86%
Financial worries (51)
6.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (33)
4.32%
Exposure to negative news/social media (48)
6.28%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.14%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (72)
9.42%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (59)
7.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed