The Student Room Group

How to revise for maths?

Basically I’m a bit stuck.

I’m doing Scottish exams, and last year did national 5 maths (GCSE equivalent) and I got a B, I never really knew how to revise for maths in particular so i think it was just pure luck I managed to pass. However, I’m doing higher maths this year and got a D in the prelim, and I really would like to get a better grade I just don’t know how to revise!

If anyone has any methods which they find helpful please tell me, I usually just do past questions while looking at my notes but that clearly isn’t working.
Hi!

I’m only doing Nat 5 maths at the minute but I find going through my notes and making flash cards of formulae really helps. I’ve done a couple of NABs already and usually write the formula I need on the front page so I can refer back to it if need be.

I’m also interesting in hearing other folks ways of revising though!
Original post by mary388
Basically I’m a bit stuck.

I’m doing Scottish exams, and last year did national 5 maths (GCSE equivalent) and I got a B, I never really knew how to revise for maths in particular so i think it was just pure luck I managed to pass. However, I’m doing higher maths this year and got a D in the prelim, and I really would like to get a better grade I just don’t know how to revise!

If anyone has any methods which they find helpful please tell me, I usually just do past questions while looking at my notes but that clearly isn’t working.

For my GCSE's I made flashcards and diagrams for the methods and formulas, but the best way to revise was just doing past papers and keep redoing until you get them all right. They can be such a bore but that's how I revised. Hope it helps:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending