Abigail_95
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, i am January starter at uni so i finish my three year course in Jan 2021. I'm not sure if there any Jan starting grad schemes but for September 2021 grad schemes can anybody please inform me when i can start expecting companies to advertise them.
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
For most grad schemes you can apply if you are expected to get a grade rather than have already achieved it. You should be thinking about applying for roles actually starting about now and definitely starting around the summer if you want to have a job immediately after you graduate in Jan 2021.
Abigail_95
Rep:
?
(Original post by 0le)
For most grad schemes you can apply if you are expected to get a grade rather than have already achieved it. You should be thinking about applying for roles actually starting about now and definitely starting around the summer if you want to have a job immediately after you graduate in Jan 2021.
Thank you for responding, do you mean i should thinking and applying for graduate roles/entry level jobs of my course in summer time as they start in January the following year?
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Abigail_95)
Thank you for responding, do you mean i should thinking and applying for graduate roles/entry level jobs of my course in summer time as they start in January the following year?
They all have different opening times. With some companies, it can take several months to even get an interview from the moment you send an application. Other companies could offer an interview very quickly. You will find that many companies will reject you, and this means you need to improve your CV, cover letter, practice tests etc. This is why you should be thinking about applying now. Actually you could even send applications now. But you should definitely be starting by say July/August. This is because the majority of graduate schemes tend to begin to open around the summer and peak between August to December. Note however that there are always graduate schemes to be found throughout the year. The competition for jobs in London is much higher, so also consider roles in other cities. If that isn't possible, areas slightly outside London like Croydon, St Albans, Watford and Stevenage will have roles as well.
Proxenus
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
in
Abigail_95
Rep:
?
(Original post by 0le)
They all have different opening times. With some companies, it can take several months to even get an interview from the moment you send an application. Other companies could offer an interview very quickly. You will find that many companies will reject you, and this means you need to improve your CV, cover letter, practice tests etc. This is why you should be thinking about applying now. Actually you could even send applications now. But you should definitely be starting by say July/August. This is because the majority of graduate schemes tend to begin to open around the summer and peak between August to December. Note however that there are always graduate schemes to be found throughout the year. The competition for jobs in London is much higher, so also consider roles in other cities. If that isn't possible, areas slightly outside London like Croydon, St Albans, Watford and Stevenage will have roles as well.
Thanks sooo much for the advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads