Kaur198433
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I haven't finished my GCSE's yet and i am doing them this year. I am applying for a apprenticeship, and they are asking for a CV, i have added personal statement, my predicted grades and My skills. I don't have any experience yet, so what else should i write, as my CV looks empty. Could someone help me in my personal statement please?
veronaaimee15
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kaur198433)
I haven't finished my GCSE's yet and i am doing them this year. I am applying for a apprenticeship, and they are asking for a CV, i have added personal statement, my predicted grades and My skills. I don't have any experience yet, so what else should i write, as my CV looks empty. Could someone help me in my personal statement please?
Hello you could add a professional statement so what you want to do in the future and your education so where you go to school.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Open a thread in CV Help and we can talk about how to get more info into your CV in a private thread.
Kaur198433
Rep:
?
(Original post by veronaaimee15)
Hello you could add a professional statement so what you want to do in the future and your education so where you go to school.
Could you maybe help me in that?
My personal statement is something like this-
Motivated individual with strong leadership and relationship-building skills. Talented, highly ambitious, ready to take risks and dedicates herself with high excellence. An honest girl, who can work under pressure, and is always joyful and happy.
Kaur198433
Rep:
?
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Open a thread in CV Help and we can talk about how to get more info into your CV in a private thread.
As I am using the student room for the first time, I am not sure how to do that? Could you give me instructions?
threeportdrift
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As I am using the student room for the first time, I am not sure how to do that? Could you give me instructions?
Menu bar at the top of the page > Careers & jobs > CV help forum > it will look empty to you, because you can only see threads you've made. Open a new thread
veronaaimee15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That is a good personal statement all you need to do is put your ambitions on it so what you want to be in the future what job.
Kaur198433
Rep:
?
Menu bar at the top of the page > Careers & jobs > CV help forum > it will look empty to you, because you can only see threads you've made. Open a new thread
Thank you, I have done that.
Last edited by Kaur198433; 4 weeks ago
Kaur198433
Rep:
?
That is a good personal statement all you need to do is put your ambitions on it so what you want to be in the future what job.
I want to join RAF, or do something in health and social care. So how should I phrase it? I have tries multiple times, but it is so diffucult.
threeportdrift
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I want to join RAF, or do something in health and social care. So how should I phrase it? I have tries multiple times, but it is so diffucult.
You don't write a personal statement for a CV, you write a covering letter, quite a different thing. I'll get to your CV later this evening.
veronaaimee15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You could put The RAF and health and social care are 2 areas I would like to explore in the future. The reasons I would like to join the RAF are.........
The reasons I would like to take up a health and social care course is............
That is for your proffesional statement.
saporitoez
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! As someone with the same venture to do with the RAF - sticking it on your CV is definitely worth while! I reckon employers would like to see that you have an idea on what you'd like to do in the future, especially if you're wanting to go into such a well disciplined career! I think I just put on my CV that I aspire to be a member of the Royal Air Force after successful completion of my A-Levels, it's as simple as that!
Kaur198433
Rep:
?
(Original post by saporitoez)
Hi! As someone with the same venture to do with the RAF - sticking it on your CV is definitely worth while! I reckon employers would like to see that you have an idea on what you'd like to do in the future, especially if you're wanting to go into such a well disciplined career! I think I just put on my CV that I aspire to be a member of the Royal Air Force after successful completion of my A-Levels, it's as simple as that!
Thank you, but I haven't finished my GCSE'S yet and I am to do them this year, so I can't say that i have any proof meaning as my GCSE/ A-levels.
Could you help me in editing my personal statement?

My 2 personal statement which i want to put together-
Motivated individual with strong leadership and relationship-building skills. Talented, highly ambitious, ready to take risks and dedicates herself with high excellence. An honest girl, who can work under pressure, and is always joyful and happy.
A quick learner, highly motivated individual who is reliable and willing to learn. I have an interest in health & social care or joining the RAF. With predicted Grades of English-Grade 6, Maths 5, Science- Grade 4-5, Food tech- Grade 6, Business- Grade 6, French- Grade 6 and History- Grade 7, I have the ability in applying for apprenticeship. I have Strong leadership and relationship building skills and I am a talented, highly ambitious girl who is ready to take risks.
Kaur198433
Rep:
?
You don't write a personal statement for a CV, you write a covering letter, quite a different thing. I'll get to your CV later this evening.
what do I write in my cover letter?
Kaur198433
Rep:
?
You could put The RAF and health and social care are 2 areas I would like to explore in the future. The reasons I would like to join the RAF are.........
The reasons I would like to take up a health and social care course is............
That is for your proffesional statement.
Ok thank you, i will try doing that.
veronaaimee15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
what do I write in my cover letter?
If you type in the internet cover letter template and go onto images. Copy that template but change the information to obviously your information!!!!!!
veronaaimee15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you, but I haven't finished my GCSE'S yet and I am to do them this year, so I can't say that i have any proof meaning as my GCSE/ A-levels.
Could you help me in editing my personal statement?

My 2 personal statement which i want to put together-
A quick learner, highly motivated individual who is reliable and willing to learn. I have an interest in health & social care or joining the RAF. With predicted Grades of English-Grade 6, Maths 5, Science- Grade 4-5, Food tech- Grade 6, Business- Grade 6, French- Grade 6 and History- Grade 7, I have the ability in applying for apprenticeship. I have Strong leadership and relationship building skills and I am a talented, highly ambitious girl who is ready to take risks.
That is a really good personal statement I don't think you need to amend that.
Kaur198433
Rep:
?
That is a really good personal statement I don't think you need to amend that.

I dont think it makes sense, but thank you
veronaaimee15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I dont think it makes sense, but thank you
I think it does make sense.
MaddyE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I had such a problem, and a cover letter is a right solution. I also had no experience and my CV looked very poor. Thanks to the cover letter I've got my apprenticeship offer, cause it helped me to describe myself more clearly. If you don't know how to write it, you can use an online builder. I like this website getcoverletter.com. It’s very easy to use. There are templates for a wide range of professions. I hope it helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (285)
60.51%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.67%