MPs Vote Against Amendment 4 Of The EU Withdrawal Bill Watch

MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
https://twitter.com/HouseofCommons/s...894707200?s=19

MPs have voted to disagree with Lords Amendment 4 to the European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill by 342 votes to 254. This relates to Clause 37 on unaccompanied child refugees being allowed to join their families in the UK after Brexit.
Last edited by MrMusician95; 4 weeks ago
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MrMusician95)
https://twitter.com/HouseofCommons/s...894707200?s=19

MPs have voted to disagree with Lords Amendment 4 to the European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill by 342 votes to 254. This relates to Clause 37 on unaccompanied child refugees being allowed to join their families in the UK after Brexit.
Always to be expected. Commons asserting its authority, so what?
MrMusician95
(Original post by 999tigger)
Always to be expected. Commons asserting its authority, so what?
So what? So you're fine with child refugees being stranded and alone when they have family in the UK? Wow.
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
So what? So you're fine with child refugees being stranded and alone when they have family in the UK? Wow.
That is an issue for the commons and the recently elected government.
MrMusician95
(Original post by 999tigger)
That is an issue for the commons and the recently elected government.
And this is why the commons rejected it. There is a clear lack of empathy in this country.
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
And this is why the commons rejected it. There is a clear lack of empathy in this country.
Not really, but suit yourself. It has more to do with the relationship between Lords, Commons and government rather than policy.
SnowMiku
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This is just sad. Politics or no, at the end of the day we're all human beings.
All striving for the same thing. To live.
Allowing children who have had to leave their parents and family behind to try and escape war-torn areas where they could die at any time? It's not just a lack of empathy, it's their idiocy.
Imagine if their children were doing such a thing, and they were practically condemned to die on a large basis *COUGH COUGH genocide COUGH COUGH*
This should be illegal. So should denying climate change. Humanity should be working together.
This has now turned into everyone vs our lawmakers.
MrMusician95
(Original post by SnowMiku)
This is just sad. Politics or no, at the end of the day we're all human beings.
All striving for the same thing. To live.
Allowing children who have had to leave their parents and family behind to try and escape war-torn areas where they could die at any time? It's not just a lack of empathy, it's their idiocy.
Imagine if their children were doing such a thing, and they were practically condemned to die on a large basis *COUGH COUGH genocide COUGH COUGH*
This should be illegal. So should denying climate change. Humanity should be working together.
This has now turned into everyone vs our lawmakers.
Exactly. I don't care if they've rejected it because of the relationship of the lord's, commons and the government. This is a lack of empathy. How anyone can vote against this is beyond me.
ColinDent
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Exactly. I don't care if they've rejected it because of the relationship of the lord's, commons and the government. This is a lack of empathy. How anyone can vote against this is beyond me.
This is not an issue to do with our withdrawal from the EU.
I agree that it is an issue that should be sorted, but it needs to be a bill on it's own and I believe that is what will happen.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don’t see the issue really, the UK is not the worlds hotel and there are many other safe countries. We have an immigration system that is defined and they should seek that route, the UK should take no refugees other than those who have done us a duty like Afghan translators.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...144586/e59.png
Last edited by Rakas21; 3 weeks ago
MrMusician95
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
I don’t see the issue really, the UK is not the worlds hotel and there are many other safe countries. We have an immigration system that is defined and they should seek that route, the UK should take no refugees other than those who have done us a duty like Afghan translators.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...144586/e59.png
Child refugees should try and go through the immigration route? You really are heartless.
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Rightly so!

We can't tell if they're children and we shouldn't be accepting refugees
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Incorrect. There is a lack of empathy in the Commons. Vote Tory, get rich, self serving bar stewards.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (362)
67.04%
No (178)
32.96%

Watched Threads