The Student Room Group

Am I ugly? Pics included.

I'm an 18 year old guy and I politely rejected someone on Grindr, who said I was ugly anyway (he messaged me first so I said that doesn't make any sense). I've never really been called ugly before but want some opinions.

Scroll to see replies

standard "comeback", don't think too much of it.
Man you're not bad looking at all! (no homo)

But yeah, you're looking good. You will find people reject people all the time. Maybe the convo was dead?
As an 18 year old I wouldn't have been chasing you. That doesn't mean others won't find you attractive though.
Nah, dude, you're attractive! I think the guy just wanted to feel better about himself. Why did he even hit you up in the first place if he thought you were ugly?
Can only see the first attachment but no, you’re not ugly at all, although you are pulling a weird facial expression.. you’ve got nice, clear skin and I think your hair colour is beautiful too. Don’t worry about it, the other person was just being defensive and probably feeling upset about being rejected.
Reply 6
Thanks a lot, anyone else?
You are an above average looking person.
Reply 8
Thanks!
Reply 9
you've never been called ugly until now. is your ego so fragile or are you just bored and wanted to create a thread?
Original post by Joleee
you've never been called ugly until now. is your ego so fragile or are you just bored and wanted to create a thread?

The first.
Anyone else?
by what definition? its his way of coping with rejection :smile: plenty more fish in the sea :wink:
fit
Reply 14
Original post by Sacredsteel
The first.

in my opinion the most attractive people are the ones who don't care what people think of them - and certainly not what some random person says on Grinder (literally lol). personally care more about what you said, than your photo; which makes you less attractive. but maybe cuz i don't care about looks that much.
(edited 4 years ago)
It's nothing just brush it off I've got a profile picture in a low cut prom dress a guy said I had granny boobs. Someone out there thinks you're perfect just the way you are so he's just being an *******
Original post by holly6901
It's nothing just brush it off I've got a profile picture in a low cut prom dress a guy said I had granny boobs. Someone out there thinks you're perfect just the way you are so he's just being an *******

Thanks!
Original post by Sacredsteel
Thanks!

no problem
If you need help with confidence feel free to PM me or message me here
Reply 18
You're definitely not ugly. You'll find that often people will try and insult you as a way of coping with your rejection. Whenever somebody says something negative about you, it is usually a reflection of their own insecurities.

Having said that, it is worth trying to practice other forms of self-validation, rather than just focusing on your looks. Vanity can lead to narcissism and unfavourable personality traits. Other things that people admire in a person, often more than appearance, are kindness, compassion, intelligence, charisma, etc. Don't focus all your energy on your ego, when there may be so much more than that you have to offer :smile:
Original post by ARCDN
You're definitely not ugly. You'll find that often people will try and insult you as a way of coping with your rejection. Whenever somebody says something negative about you, it is usually a reflection of their own insecurities.

Having said that, it is worth trying to practice other forms of self-validation, rather than just focusing on your looks. Vanity can lead to narcissism and unfavourable personality traits. Other things that people admire in a person, often more than appearance, are kindness, compassion, intelligence, charisma, etc. Don't focus all your energy on your ego, when there may be so much more than that you have to offer :smile:

Thanks a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending